GPX 5000 As A Coin And Jewelry Detector Or The New Garrett Axiom In High Emi Environments

The Russians have done a video with it on one of their beaches, and he shows taking it into the salt water.  Not the best video and you can't understand a word he's saying without using the captions translating but it gives a little information and shows the screen of the detector nicely, I really do like the big easy to see Garrett screens.  It's a bit ratty in it, I guess high EMI area with mono coil?

• Like 1

I'll certainly will want to see more beach videos than this one.

The Axiom has superb performance on high magnetite beach material, stuff that other PI detectors can't ground balance to at all. The main problem is the existing coils are far too buoyant, literally float like corks. But for on the beach out of the water, Axiom is a sweetie for west coast beaches. I sure hope we get epoxy filled coils someday, for wading.

Thank God I do not have to watch videos. I feel your pain! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, not the greatest beach video. We'll have to wait until someone who knows what they're doing on a salt water beach to show us the real "scoop"! Speaking of scoop, he didn't even show us what was found let alone use a scoop to do it. Not as stable as I would hope it would be.....at least with his settings. It would make it a chore to ferret out those deep targets amongst the chatter.

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Thank God I do not have to watch videos. I feel your pain! :laugh:

You're the lucky one to get to use and hold one, we have to use Mr Google to even find pictures of one 🙂  I believe that guy is a Russian Garrett Dealer from what I can make out using translation which explains why he has one I guess.  Not the best video but the first example of use in salt water that I've seen.