Axiom Action In Hot West Aussie Ground

Tony

Just copied this from Garrett Australia Facebook……..trust me, that is some very spicy ground 🌶 

This is some very good preliminary results if its pinging gold in this ground as you need an effective GB to hear any targets.

Good boots are a must on our hot ground 😳

AAFA987A-6AE4-4E40-A897-C2C3F47247E9.jpeg

C65B1105-E3A3-4B94-A12F-3F86EBBFC1F7.jpeg

• Like 7

Dear Garrett Australia……..it’s about time you revealed the Aussie price (and yes, I have asked locally but nothing yet)…….👎

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tony said:

Dear Garrett Australia……..it’s about time you revealed the Aussie price (and yes, I have asked locally but nothing yet)…….👎

The Axiom has a price of 90000 Rand (South Africa) which equates to $7800 Aussie dollars…..I’m getting a bit worried. I wonder if this is the “African” price 🤔

• Oh my! 3

hi it's great that a very practical machine has come out that seems to match Minelab who have had a monopoly on pulse detectors for years...competition can only do all us hobbyists good...hope to see other companies in the game where it will be to our advantage to see better machines at competitive prices.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2022 at 2:46 AM, Tony said:

Just copied this from Garrett Australia Facebook……..trust me, that is some very spicy ground 🌶 

This is some very good preliminary results if its pinging gold in this ground as you need an effective GB to hear any targets.

Good boots are a must on our hot ground 😳

AAFA987A-6AE4-4E40-A897-C2C3F47247E9.jpeg

C65B1105-E3A3-4B94-A12F-3F86EBBFC1F7.jpeg

Two seconds later…

A2CFC7B1-E2DD-4E75-892E-C8A77373FB62.jpeg.86eb0b16fb512929ee909675c7b37098.jpeg

Tony, is that ground uniformly hot, or is it variable?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Lunk said:

Two seconds later…

A2CFC7B1-E2DD-4E75-892E-C8A77373FB62.jpeg.86eb0b16fb512929ee909675c7b37098.jpeg

Tony, is that ground uniformly hot, or is it variable?

Depends on location but in my ground it tends be uniformly hot across a wide area so a GB can be fixed for quite some time. I will regularly update the GB but more through habit than out of necessity. The odd hot rocks aren’t really a problem. On my 4500…….used to run a Mono in Enhance but got better depth with a DD in Normal…..and quieter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Depends on location but in my ground it tends be uniformly hot across a wide area

That's the difference between the old soils (Au) and "newer" soils (US). Au soil is mineralized but more uniform, whereas US soils tend to be more inhomogeneous (i.e. super hot rocks surrounded by milder soil). Of course these are only very general trends. But I think it is much harder to deal with non-homogenous grounds, and in addition many times gold is stuck to these screaming volcanic hot rocks. That's a challenge for every detector and good ground balancing is almost impossible, due to the extreme differences in close proximity. So, yeah, I would prefer the more uniform grounds even if they are mostly hot. So, it will be very interesting to see how the GB algorithms of the Axiom can deal with these extreme differences without loosing sensitivity for gold. From all that I read, I am very optimistic !1464757148_hoyrocks.thumb.JPG.eeafffc307e92834c4c6a7dc04b12a87.JPG

GC

• Like 3

That’s a very good point regarding the “ancient” Aussie soils…..some of the oldest rocks found anywhere on the planet……..especially over here in WA. If you find gold in low ground then quite often that’s where most of it is….it’s had a couple of billion years to let erosion and gravity do its thing.

I really want to try the Axiom over here……I’m almost at the point of buying it fully satisfied it can do the job well and can be swung for 8+ hours day after day (and that alone will contribute greatly to your gold tally).

• Like 3