Bone Phones

midalake

On 7/31/2022 at 7:41 PM, strick said:

You can always try to up date the machine again if you have not tried that already?

strick

Yes, I am a big proponent of reinstalling software if there are operating issues within the programs.

However in this case, with battery drain, this is a hardware issue.  

The unit came to me with 0.71 installed and worked great through testing for a month. The battery drain has happened in the last two weeks. 

It will be going back. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 10:27 AM, midalake said:

So this morning had everything disconnected and my machine was dead as a doornail. Not even enough battery to power on the unit. Thanks to all who double checked their machines. Will let everyone know how the return and replacement goes.  

So it’s the remote that’s bad and needs replacement? 

On 8/1/2022 at 12:02 AM, midalake said:

Yes, I am a big proponent of reinstalling software if there are operating issues within the programs.

However in this case, with battery drain, this is a hardware issue.  

The unit came to me with 0.71 installed and worked great through testing for a month. The battery drain has happened in the last two weeks. 

It will be going back. 

My friend has had some issues that I wonder if any others have had. We are salt water hunters but he is a damp sand and wash only. Twice now at 5 hrs into his spin, his remote just powered down for no reason. Both times he turned it back on and returned hunting another hour and half with no issues. Has anyone else experienced any similar events?

2 hours ago, relicmeister said:

So it’s the remote that’s bad and needs replacement? 

Well the remote, is going back.

I am still traveling and have not reached home where I have the required receipt copy needed.  I see another person on TreasureNet had this same issue and they did a replacement. I will let everyone know how it goes. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Carolina said:

My friend has had some issues that I wonder if any others have had. We are salt water hunters but he is a damp sand and wash only. Twice now at 5 hrs into his spin, his remote just powered down for no reason. Both times he turned it back on and returned hunting another hour and half with no issues. Has anyone else experienced any similar events?

I was going to say that it might be temperature related (did he have a protective cover on it?) but if that was the case, it wouldn’t explain how he was able to immediately turn it back on and continue the run.  Weird.

The folks that are having wonky issues with the clock keeping proper time is weird too.  

As well as those like Dave whose batteries are dying, although it is not a totally uncommon thing for a small percentage of Li-Ion batteries to have “infant mortality” type failures near the beginning of life.  If it is indeed a battery failure and not a circuit problem in the remote causing the battery to excessively drain (which would also ultimately cause premature battery failure).

• Like 3

My Deus 2 clock’s time is also incorrect after being set when I initially set it up. My remote did completely discharge once during a hunt however when I wasn’t paying attention to battery levels. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I was going to say that it might be temperature related (did he have a protective cover on it?) but if that was the case, it wouldn’t explain how he was able to immediately turn it back on and continue the run.  Weird.

The folks that are having wonky issues with the clock keeping proper time is weird too.  

As well as those like Dave whose batteries are dying, although it is not a totally uncommon thing for a small percentage of Li-Ion batteries to have “infant mortality” type failures near the beginning of life.  If it is indeed a battery failure and not a circuit problem in the remote causing the battery to excessively drain (which would also ultimately cause premature battery failure).

Thanks Chase. No cover but the temps have been in the mid to upper 90’s with the sun beatin down lol. I will pass this on to him.

Well damn. After all this time talk I just checked mine. 18 mins. slow from when I first set it back in February. I’ve done two updates, wonder if that down time effects the clock ? I will reset and watch closely.

22 minutes ago, Carolina said:

Thanks Chase. No cover but the temps have been in the mid to upper 90’s with the sun beatin down lol. I will pass this on to him.

My friend just checked his clock. Off by 13+ hours, dang !!!