Do You Know What Is This Software?

12 minutes ago, qaz said:

Hi

I see this software in some one's laptop and I don't know what was that?

Can you please tell me where can I purchase it?

Untitled.png

Matlab?

Curious- how do you want to use it for prospecting?

I'm seeing words like balance, track, and the big tip off - V.D.I.

That is White's term for Visual Display Indicator, a fancy way of saying target id. So I'm guess that is a shot of some sort of White's in house development software? Don't know. Carl Moreland (Geotech on the forum) would know.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I'm seeing words like balance, track, and the big tip off - V.D.I.

That is White's term for Visual Display Indicator, a fancy way of saying target id. So I'm guess that is a shot of some sort of White's in house development software? Don't know. Carl Moreland (Geotech on the forum) would know.

MatLab is a base program and language for instrumentation, data input and analysis - can be configured any way one wants with both control and analysis functions, and a customizable user interface. Whites may have used it for their hardware testing… if it is Matlab,  one would need both the MatLab program and the Whites configuration files for it to run that way.

• Like 3

I see the word 'Quartz' among the 'metal type' list ... a bit of a red flag to me. It makes me wonder if it's related to some kind of 'esoteric' detector , the kind that have five radio antennas on them, and a bottle of Gypsy Tears inside the handle.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, qaz said:

You mean it's a self developed app ?

Is there any apps that can use VDI number to detect the matrials?

Yes, its user defined the way the main program works (if its MatLab), you will need both the program and the user files to do something like what is shown.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 2:53 PM, PimentoUK said:

I see the word 'Quartz' among the 'metal type' list ... a bit of a red flag to me. It makes me wonder if it's related to some kind of 'esoteric' detector , the kind that have five radio antennas on them, and a bottle of Gypsy Tears inside the handle.

:laugh: That's my first thought too though, seriously.

Hard to tell, but trying to decipher what's on the screen, I bet this is some software that comes with some $20k Kellyco LRL or something.

Edit: here's the first one that came up on Google Images. The first 4 axis rotation icons are the same, just different order. It's probably some older version of this, or similar type program.

image.thumb.png.902f2b41032c37b21ff4f45bd61b4b70.png