Reports On MX Sport Firmware Update - Post Here

Guest Paul (Ca)

i know what you mean chuck, i was waiting till eastern to get my mxs.

and yes i like it,  and yess i dont have troubles with the snear cause i dont search much in  relic and prospect

then the story about the display with 8 comes allong okay,  i want that,. not a machine that whitout a 8, 

i payd for the whole detector, :

it makes the waiting worth. hehehe  i hope you have a bad machine i call it a monday morning machine,.

its good to get a replacement,  i hope its better then the other chuck. 

and then the coils, i know someone who want a bigfoot coil on the mx sport ;).  under the xlt i had the maxima coil i like it, 

so a big coil is in the future,  a must.

so tboykin :) say to the developers, get a good choice of different coils, for the mx, , 

not like the xlt, they have not much coil choice for the xlt, 

but the mx users want a vairaty of coils big small sharp etc etc.

thats good for aftersales, and for the users, iff you get good aftersales, :)

the sharpshooter en the 950 are a good beginning. but we want more :)

or not chuck?

Before the update I was going to to get the 6x10, but now I'm going to hold off for the 5.3. If the 6x10 was non buoyant I'd get that and call it a day. Now that the 10dd is managable I can hold out for a smaller coil. Please be non buoyant, if not I still get it but I'd prefer it was.

Okay Master Tom I'll do as you wish. I don't care what they say about you even if it is true but I still like you.

We should should sell all this bull we shoot. I know if they kick it out of me I wouldn't be over two feet tall.

I should come to see you being I got a Grandson going to college in Portland. The poor kid has to drive a new BMW. Oh well I've been told you can't take it with you.

The Best to you Tom.

Chuck

16 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Okay Master Tom I'll do as you wish. I don't care what they say about you even if it is true but I still like you.

We should should sell all this bull we shoot. I know if they kick it out of me I wouldn't be over two feet tall.

I should come to see you being I got a Grandson going to college in Portland. The poor kid has to drive a new BMW. Oh well I've been told you can't take it with you.

The Best to you Tom.

Chuck

Back at ya Chuck. Hope you get your new machine tomorrow and it's all you wanted. You guys'll be some of the first to know whenever we get more coils finished.

P.S. - If you're ever visiting your grandson in Oregon stop in for a beer (on me) in Sweet Home. Not many BMW's out here, but I have a 1963 CJ5 with a built 350 that'll smoke rubber in 4th gear.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2016 at 8:45 AM, Paul (Ca) said:

Hello gang, found something with the MX Sport this morning.

This is very important, all MX Sport users with the upgrade need to run audio modulation feature at 0, running at 1 slows down the recovery and creates some tone smearing. 

And of course those using Relic mode can increase SAT that will increase recovery as well especially in areas with mineralization or iron masking.

Paul

Hi Paul, I tried both audio mod on and off(0-1) and did not notice a difference. my sat does go up to 8.( I have the latest firmware) now my question, to anybody, since it isnt mentioned in the manual, what does audio mod do?

thanks for the quick answer T

Okay guys I got the new MX Sport late today. It came double box with return label to ship back the old one.

The first thing I done after putting it together I went out in the front yard. Then I ground balance it and went from 42-44 on the old detector but it ran up to 51 on the new one. I put on the 6 x 10 DD coil because I want to coin hunt some. I did put some coins down on top of the ground and ran the sensitivity all the way up to boost and it sounded great. It had very good depth even with the smaller coil. The 10 inch coil may be different but I know with the other coil I didn't have all that pop pop sound like before.

I don't know what firmware it has and right now I really don't care. I will put on the 10 inch coil later but not right now. I've had enough testing.

I do owe a thanks to Tom,Tonya and White's for having a line of great people working for them.

I'll say more when I know more.

Chuck

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked