Reports On MX Sport Firmware Update - Post Here

Guest Paul (Ca)

Paul thats good info, i shall try this weekend. when its not raining. 

on this moment im only searched  in coil and jewelry . sens 6  4 tones, but what you say, its scare, it finds the tiny stuff and deep, normale i have my  shovel in the left hand, when i have it tow on the great and  swing it picksupp the shovel 

so i have a a sling on my shovel to put it on my shoulder, then its no problem, 

the mx sport is very sensitive

go on with your find outs :) i like it,

Well I got my MXS late today. I was out of town but got here soon after . I've been  setting it up  for a test run tomorrow. I joke about a detector being so hot it would melt a candy bar in your shirt pocket and this may be the one.

Chuck

Guest Paul (Ca)

Hello Rico and Chuck,

Your version msy be the most current, place modulation feature on 1 and then 0, compare the two with scanning a coin and if you don't notice tone smearing and a slower recovery then yours are the current upgrade. And if yours are having a slight tone smearing, then run modulation at 0. This will eliminate the tone smearing and slow recovery as well.

In Relic mode, bumping up SAT increases recovery and tightens up the tone.

Have fun!

Paul

Guest Paul (Ca)

Thanks John,

The MX Sport has the makings of being one of the best VLF out there, I know it's rough for some users and if each of us can share something to help others that's even better.

We'll eventually get through this, look back at our MX Sport adventures and those that hung in there will reap the blessings.

Thanks John!

Paul

I dont now i have the latest version paul, i have it now for a week of 5 a 6 . only four were deleiverd here in the netherlands, the rest of it are in backorder,  i heard only 200 mx pro,s have the firmware trouble, and theyb where deliverd in the states

but its now raining,  iff  its dry i shall take a look what you said :)

To test for the original tone smearing issue put three coins on the ground 4" apart and wave coil over them at normal sweep speeds, you will get one signal when you should be getting three in all modes except all metal and prospect mode. Most newer machines get good separation 2" apart or less.

• Like 1

Here I've been waiting on my detector to come back and it's raining today. I know the MXS is waterproof but I'm not.haha  I will and can do some air testing that will tell me some thing about my MX Sport. I just hope it's what I want it to be.( For me )

Chuck

Well Terry I don't know if you going to like this but here it is.

Sen. 4    Tones 4  C & J program  6 x 10 coil

wheat cent  Memorial Cent  Buffalo N.  Jefferson N.  Silver. Dime  Silver Qt.   Silver Half

4 1/4               4 1/4               4 1/4          4 1/4              3 1/4             4 1/2          5

Sen. 8

5 1/2                5 1/2               5 1/2          5 1/2              5                   6 1/2          6 3/4 

If you look back you will see a lost of depth of 2 inches

This is the 10 inch coil  sen. 4

5                      5                     5                5                      5                   5 1/2         7    

Sen 8

6 1/2                6 1/2                7                7 1/2               6 1/2              7 1/2          8 1/2 to 9

Set on trash maybe 1/2 to 1 inch better. Prospecting 2 to 2 1/2 inch better.

I'd like to see others run this test to see what they get.  I've got more but say later. Sitting here the steel ball in my left shoulder starts to hurt. Oh I did keep it away from my testing.

Chuck

PS This is a solid tone only no maybe or if.

• Like 1