Reports On MX Sport Firmware Update - Post Here

Guest Paul (Ca)

Rico, I do hope your units are good now. Others unfortunately are not having very good luck.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,109780

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/white-s/509514-mx-sport-trouble.html

At this point is is all pretty amazing, and not in a good way.

I too got my MX Sport back today with a new plastic face cover. On behalf of White's they got my detector one morning and  fixed it. Then overnight it the same day by UPS back. I get a email from UPS saying I'll receive my package the next day. So I make a point to stay home to be here when it arrives. What I didn't know and they that call them self Brown said White's didn't get it in soon enough so it would be a delay. So now a one day air has turned into a two day pony express. Oh no email but I email them asking why they didn't let me know the change. The only thing that was said I'll get it the next day by 10:30 AM. But Brown is full of Brown and I got it at 5 PM.

Like said my new cover looks great. I don't know why but the plastic cap for the headphones was not on there. I had it screwed on when I sent it. I don't have waterproof headphones so I keep it on to keep water and dust out. 

I do hope this is the last thing that will come up about the MX but don't sound that will be.

Chuck

OFFICIAL WHITE'S RESPONSE TO ISSUES 7/20/16 - http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?76138-MX-Sport-Screen-inspection

"If your SAT goes to "EIGHT" and you "DO NOT" have any cracks in the clear part of the display, DO NOT send it in for updating.

If your SAT only goes to (6), and/or... you "do have" cracks in your display, DO send it in for updating.

As mentioned prior, the serial number sequence will not tell a person if it needs to be updated, nor if display cracks are possible.

We are sorry for all this and are working hard to resolve any and all issues as quickly as possible.

Again, 

"EIGHT" SAT, no cracks, NO need for updating.

(6) SAT, and/or cracks, DO send it in for updating."

ACCORDING TO INFORMATION ON THE THREAD THERE IS NO WAY TO DETERMINE VISUALLY OR VIA SERIAL NUMBER WHETHER THE SCREEN WILL CRACK BEFORE HAND.

addon.jpg

21 minutes ago, bowwinkles said:

It says "cracks in the clear part of the display"  Does this mean that the edge and corner cracks you will have to live with??What say you Whites?

The whole faceplate is clear plastic. Sorry for the confusion. If yours has cracks, of course White's will fix it.

There are detectors out there with no cracks. This is the sticky part, and makes it hard to narrow it down. Engineers/designers have been hustling to find the cause and we should know more soon. Will update as info is passed down.

If for any reason anyone believes they have ANY issue with an MX Sport that they think should be taken care of under warranty, then contact White's directly and get it resolved to your satisfaction. Or get a refund for the unit if you can. Or sell it and move on.

This has gone on far too long and the center of attention has moved on to other forums anyway.  There is no point in endlessly churning on this here. If anything new ever develops, or there is truly anything new to be said that has not been said a dozen times already, then it will be time for a new thread. This one is well past done.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked