Reports On MX Sport Firmware Update - Post Here

Guest Paul (Ca)

Was for fun I ran the same test with my Eagle 2 that still works great.  The first test was set at 4 sen and the second at 7 sen because that's as high it will go.

Wheat      Jeff. N.    Silver Dime   Silver Qt.  Clad Half

3 1/2          3 3/4          3 1/2            4 1/2          4 1/2

5                5                4 1/2            5 1/4           5 1/2

This test was done with a 6 inch coil that you could get from White's at the time.  Remember this detector was born in 91.

Chuck

• Like 1

Thanks Chuck, well mate Get on  the phone and ask for another machine and tell them that you want a complete New replacement and you want it Tested before it leaves the factory,, As you know I have another Whites machine and considering you are doing Air Tests your one is not even close, So jump on the phone Keep calm and just tell them you want a totally New Machine and you want it tested as I said before, and if they don't want to play ball then ask for your money back, Don't worry Mate because if this goes Arse up this will hurt them more and it is not a chance they can Afford to take with a new product and I am sure they will stand by you, So no need to panic, Ok

I only have 2 Modern US Quarters here and if you want I can test my MXT baring in mind the batteries only have 10 volts in them with a 10" DD, but the results will be different, Ok

Take care and good luck,,,  John 

John 

I want Tom to step in and run the same test. If his is the same say so but if not I want to know that too. i'll wait to hear from him but if not I will send it back.

Chuck

• Like 1

This is with the 10 inch coil tone 4 sen. 4 first the next sen. at 8. Coin and jewelry program

wheat     jeff n.  silver dime  silver qt.  clad half

6            6 1/2        5              6 1/2        7

7             7 1/2        6 1/2          8            9

If the C & j  was like the prospecting program it would be the best coin hunter you could find.

I don't think you could hunt with the sensitivity set at 8 because of too much noise but I could be wrong. 

Chuck

On 4/16/2016 at 3:12 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Well Terry I don't know if you going to like this but here it is.

Chuck, 

Don't worry whether I like it or not I've not nothing in it.  I'm worried about you.  You invested a good deal of money in it and you have a right to be a little angry. I sure would be.  I didn't want to say anything negative but I talked to a person who tested one in salt water a couple days ago and they said it only got 3 inches depth. He had other comments about it I won't repeat.   The person who tested it I totally trust.  I'm not trying to bash Whites, on the contrary as I have held back negatives I've heard as I would much like to see this machine be all that we hoped it would be and I wanted to see it get a fair shake.  

Hopefully they will get you a new one that not as anemic.  

Roughwater

I thank you for your input and I hope others step in like the guy you know. On all my air test I wouldn't call the depth good and in the ground it's going to be even less.

The thing is I really didn't just have to have the waterproof part of the MXS. I do beach hunt some and i have hunted around fresh water at times. I have a true water detector that is also a PI one.

If I had it to do over again on what I know now I'd get the Makro racer 2. Don't get me wrong if they being White's can fix my problem I'm more than happy to keep it.

Thanks again

Chuck

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Don't get me wrong if they being White's can fix my problem I'm more than happy to keep it.

I suspect they will help you out.  This isn't great publicity for Whites or for the Sport.  But maybe it will help make them re-look at whatever it is that they are doing wrong. 

• Like 1

Well I sent a email to Tom and in hopes to hear from him. I'll leave it at that until I hear from him.

I've tested and posted all I done on this matter. Till then.

Chuck

To all MX Sport owners if you have a problem with the depth on your detector it's time to speak up.

Tom from Whites' called me this morning and we had a talk about the testing I've done. He said that he will talk with the powers that be and run some test himself. We went over the settings I had to be sure all was correct. With that so far so good. He will look over all the testing I posted and get back with me today.

Like I told him I'll do whatever I can on my end to solve this problem.

Again I say if you just know someone who's having depth trouble say so now. At this time I'm the only one reporting trouble with depth.

Chuck

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked