Any Connectivity Problem With Deus Ii?

Hi all, I'm new to this forum stuff. I've been a Deus fanatic for a while now and have used the antenna kit for water hunting. I love it when it works. But, fairly often the connection between the coil and the headphones drops. I have to lift the coil out of the water and reestablish the connection. Then it works for a while and then quits again. It's frustrating and I've pretty much stopped using the Deus for wading. I am think pretty hard about getting the Deus II and I'm wondering if anyone has had the same problem with the Deus II. I also want to use it for my scuba machine and am wondering about the same question for scuba detecting. Thanks for any help.

Use the antenna cable. The coil can't communicate with the controller while it's under water. Antenna cable works great 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, H20waterhunter said:

Any tips?

Put a small zip tie around the coil clip, over the rubber band. That will make that connection tight. Cut the zip tie making sure you don't cut the band when you want to clean up. The other end is not as big a deal, just clip it according to the instructions. 👍

I've used it like that since I got the Deus 2, never had a comm problem. If you do you might want to ask XP if you need a new coil or remote.

Don't think its the remote because I usually don't even take it with me. (Deus 1) I just use the headphones. I'll try the zip tie-that's definitely worth a shot. And I can try one of my other coils to see if the coil is the issue. Thanks for the ideas. 

• Like 1