Garrett Axiom Coil Offerings

47 minutes ago, Calmark said:

How is sensitivity on the outside of the coils?  That flat-nosed design has given me hope all along of high sensitivity at the tip for sensing targets near rocks or for pinpointing.  Having two hot areas would be great, but just knowing there is one in the middle makes for good news! 

I discussed the mono outside edge sensitivity in my last post. So you mean the DD coil outside edge? Pretty dead, just like a standard DD. The power is up the middle strip, with the expanded donut in the middle, and then expanding outwards overall as target size increases.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Steve for the additional coil information.  These coils sound like they will work great.  Easy overall to use and pinpoint with, but with some learning curve over what people are used to perhaps.  Still, it sounds like there is a high skill-ceiling on these type of coil design and plenty to interpret which gives additional target info.  Gives room for people to really grow into them with time and experience.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

I am going to get the package with the wireless headphones 13" DD and 11" mono. I wish I could get the 11"DD instead of the mono as the places I relic hunt have mineralized soil. But, maybe someone that gets the other package will be willing to trade even an 11" DD for an 11" mono. I do want the 13" DD and the wireless headphones for sure. 

• 1 year later...

I have been pondering whether to pick up the 16x14 Mono or the 13x11 Mono ever since I purchased my Axiom and I have decided to go with the 16x14 Mono

was able to check out a friends Axiom with the 16x14 mono mounted I was very surprised at just how lite the Axiom is with the 16x14 Mono, for me personally it did not feel any heavier or any more unbalanced than the other three coils I already have, which is the 11x7 Mono and DD and 13x11 DD, it was very comfortable for me, I may also eventually purchase the 13x11 Mono also but for now I will just go with 4 coils the 11x7 mono and DD, the 13x11 DD and the 16x14 Mono.

According to some one at Garrett that I spoke to on the phone you can purchase the 13x11 Mono from Garrett Direct but so far every time I have checked the Garrett site there is no way to add the 13x11 Mono to your cart to purchase

I am also keeping an eye out on these X Coils for when they become available for sale, and will most likely purchase an X Coil when they do become available for sale, but for now I will be content with the four coils I have decided on