1st Hunt With The Fors Relic

Took the new Nokta Fors Relic out for a short (3 hours) hunt yesterday afternoon to a post Civil War era site. Very trashy and we have hit this place with multiple detectors.The easy pickens are pretty much gone.

The Fors Relic did not disappoint! Keith and Monte's impressions and assessments regarding this machine are right on.

IMG_0669.JPG

Here is a pic of the more significant finds from yesterday. Two more eagle buttons and a under wear button from a spot that is a carpet of square nails and has been hit hard by various machines. It jumps on copper and lead like these .56 Spencer cases and bullet. It has superior unmasking qualities and the processor is super fast. Nails are not a problem. We (the machine and I) struggled a bit with flat, rusty tin reading as a good target, as all machines do, but I think that will improve as I learn the machine.  So far, super impressed! I'll share more about the machine as I put more time on it. HH!

Dean

• Like 2

Nice finds, keep the reports coming in.

Nice Buttons.  Do you know what caliber the bullets cases were?  Just curious.  

Yes. .56 caliber Spencer. Black powder rim fire cases. One of these has a primer so it is an early transitional case from rim fire to primers - circa 1870.

Dean