Axiom - Are Two Packages Available, Or Not?

From the Garrett website:

1142720 Axiom Metal Detector with 13"x11" DD Coil, 11"x7" Mono Coil and MS-3 (wireless) Headphones

1142765 Axiom Metal Detector with 13"x11" Mono Coil, 11"x7" DD Coil and MS-2 (wired) Headphones

Note wireless Z-Lynk vs wired headphones, and reversal of DD and mono options.

From letter sent to Gerry and other dealers:

”Axiom will be available in two standard packages, each including two searchcoils and headphones. Each kit varies slightly based on the regions where they will be used (i.e. wired headphone versus wireless headphones where electrical charging sources are not readily available.)”

Right now it seems only the wireless pack is being sold in the U.S. Is the other for Africa etc. due to idea that it’s easy to charge detector, but not the headphones? Makes no sense, though I can understand the desire for less things that need charging. Fact is though that the headphones should go longer on a charge than the detector. I’d assume wired pack sells for a little less, but then again, with coil differences, maybe not?

Anyway, a question dealers need to sort out ASAP.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Also need dealer clarification on the  10%/15% Garret military discount.  Gerry has been saying 10% lately, but he posted the Garrett notification to dealers stating it was 15% back in May.  Would like to know because that's $200 additional bucks in play for some folks considering AXIOM at MAP.

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Also need dealer clarification on the  10%/15% Garret military discount.  Gerry has been saying 10% lately, but he posted the Garrett notification to dealers stating it was 15% back in May.  Would like to know because that's $200 additional bucks in play for some folks considering AXIOM at MAP.

I found at least ten dealer websites that all say 15%, and if you put your money down with them now, that’s what they are going to have to give you. Be sure and get a screen shot of their website as proof.

Axiom $3995 less $599 (15%) = $3396

• Like 5

I have found it a bit confusing why there are two packages that are so similar too.  Its been tough to figure out the ideal package I'd want to buy because of that.

There is around a $125 retail difference between wireless (MS-3) and the wired headphones (MS-2) price. It seemed a bit odd to me there would be that much of a difference in coil prices between the two listed packages to warrant selling a corded heaphone (MS-2) package for the same price.

It makes sense each package is destined for a separate market.  Just one choice will make "choosing" easier in a sense.  :laugh:   

7 minutes ago, Calmark said:

I have found it a bit confusing why there are two packages that are so similar too.  Its been tough to figure out the ideal package I'd want to buy because of that.

There is around a $125 retail difference between wireless (MS-3) and the wired headphones (MS-2) price. It seemed a bit odd to me there would be that much of a difference in coil prices between the two listed packages to warrant selling a corded heaphone (MS-2) package for the same price.

It makes sense each package is destined for a separate market.  Just one choice will make "choosing" easier in a sense.  :laugh:   

For me it’s all about mono coils. So do I get the pack with 13” mono, and buy a separate 11” mono? Or get the pack with 11” mono, and buy the 13” mono as an accessory? That then creates a new question. When can we buy accessory coils? Because if there is any delay, I want the wireless pack just to get the 11” mono now! Then 13” mono whenever I can get one. There may be no other option actually, unless we hear different.

• Like 2

I was hoping I could get a custom pack with the 11" DD and 11" mono, just so I could compare and understand them and know where to use other sizes of monos and DD's with this machine. 

Plus on the 6000 I haven't found any use at all for the larger coils yet since I just use the GPZ when more depth is required anyways, and I predict my usage will not change with the Axiom in the mix either.

I thought I saw something, somewhere, about a bare bones machine only pack + 11" mono too priced like $400-500 less or something. What happened to that? Or did I see a ghost somewhere?

• Like 1

I'd prefer the 11x7 mono and 11x7DD to start and get the larger sizes later.  But, that doesn't seem to be an option.  I'd only likely use a DD for nugget hunting in high trash, and the smaller the DD coil in high trash, the better.  An 11x7DD would be a bit more versatile in any coin-shooting scenarios too since it would help separate coins from among the junk.  Not something I'd do often, but more as a potential clean-up in some places I've hit hard with my vlf machines.  

Or just get the 13x11 mono to start since its a great all-arounder.....

• Like 1

I was incorrect on the VET discount and it is in fact 15%.  I've yet to be officially informed of the options we'll have but since the email we dealers were sent, showed just 1 option for US, I'm assuming for the time being and down the road more options.

As soon as I know for a fact, I'll be letting everyone know.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Well if the time frame is anything like the Apex release, we won't see the public getting the Axiom for a few months. Apex was announced in April I got mine in September and I was one of the first to get one. So other packages and coils could be a ways off.