Axiom Z-Lynk High Speed Wireless Headphones & Pinpointer

Interesting. Just tried it. Plugging headphones in does not disengage the Z-Lynk wireless. It's the other way around. Z-Lynk has precedence, and engaging Z-Lynk wireless disengages both the external speaker and the headphone out jack.

So plugging headphones in disengages external speaker. Activating Z-Lynk wireless disengages both external speaker and 1/4" jack outlet.

• Thanks 2

My apologies if this has been covered in the hundreds of posts.... the headphone jack on the back, is it "line level" / headphone only or can you plug a standard 8 ohm speaker into it to have closer to your ear like we do with the 5k, which allows it by a special configuration of the 1/4 jack that turns on an amplifier.

@Steve Herschbach What happens when you plug a speaker into the headphone jack do you know?

Thanks Steve.

You are used to dealing with Minelab and all their weird headphone shutoff issues. This is just a standard 1/4" headphone jack like every company but Minelab uses. So any normal headphones work, as will any external speaker rigged in place of the headphone. The detector has no idea what's on the end of the cable.

axiom-headphone-jack.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks Steve, yea I assumed that the headphone jack was standard, I was curious if the audio level was low (headphone level) and if you plugged in a speaker you'd need some sort of external amplification which it sounds like we would.... nice to see a "standard" being used again.. LOL

Not sure about the amplification required, as that will depend on the speaker itself, persons hearing, wind noise, etc. I find the external speaker that is built into the detector sufficient for my needs, so will leave experimentation of that sort up to others.

• Thanks 1