Mid Season Tally & Tools

Impressive!!! Some of those bits don't look so micro. A couple questions: What % did the Monster get, approx? And what type of ground are you working?

Thanks, Joel

• Thanks 1

So far so nice, can't wait until turkey day to find out how much more you are going to find.

Keep us posted please and let us know about the hunt with some pictures.

• Thanks 1

Hey OneGuy,

Why did you part with the GPX 6000?  Is the SDC 2300 with the small Coiltek coil working the best there?  I know the SDC 2300 is super sensitive even with the stock 8" round, but with the Coiltek 10x5 it's better on small gold and bedrock hunting in my opinion.  

Congrats on the nice haul of gold nuggets!  Wishing you much more success.

Rob

• Like 2

Use the Monster the most...love that f'n thing and would be lost without it.  Don't use the PI's much unless some really hot ground and/or low trash area (rare) but you gotta have one when you need one.  I'm old and tired and like some info the Monster gives in my high trash area(s).  I've mentioned in previous posts how I sometimes can use the PI's and mark targets then run em down with the Monster...works well for me in certain areas and saves a lot of digging time being able to walk away from most targets found with a PI.

Rob... Basically got tired of the unstable aspect with air traffic and/or emi? I dug a little over 100 nugs with it and quite impressed.  I got annoyed with having to wait for the 6 to settle back down during and after air traffic.  Nothing a guy can't work around but rather annoying IMO.  Sometimes I miss it, especially when swinging the boat anchor (sdc) but the SDC ALWAYS runs stable, all the time, and anywhere in my ground. I'm in steep ground in a tight canyon and often wonder if maybe the steep terrain funnels or condenses  air traffic emi more than more open areas?  You watch...these new smaller coils coming out will probably end the 6's emi issues.  In a nutshell I sacrificed depth, performance, and ergonomics for the stability of the SDC. The guy I sold it too is doing great with it, no problems and very happy.  Yes...the Coiltek is a nice little coil....

good luck and thanks everybody!!!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, YubaJ said:

Impressive!!! Some of those bits don't look so micro. A couple questions: What % did the Monster get, approx? And what type of ground are you working?

Thanks, Joel

Monster 90%.  Ground is steep, brushy, and timbered with lots of old workings, prospects, tailings....

• Like 2

Love those smooth dense nuggets.  Those digging tools look well to used for my liking but I also realize that hard efforts to get down into the pay layer is a must.  Well done and I hope your Thanksgiving weigh in is updated here on DP for us.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1