Is there a new F-pulse out? Or is this just the earlier change where the bugs were fixed on the first ever model.  I bought one of the newer ones that had those initial bugs fixed but I checked my box and it doesn't have this new and improved sticker on it.

A guy in NZ bought one at our dealer today and his had this new and improved sticker on it.  I captured the photo from his video showing his new pinpointer.

356805479_newandimproved.thumb.jpg.e3d44171af31bbc007c24b402b3ceaf2.jpg

See the yellow new and improved over to the left.....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

Is there a new F-pulse out?

Given that Carl ( @Geotech ) was a major player in its development (and still employed by First Texas) I think he's the one you want an answer from.

• Like 2

Thanks for that, I'll stick with my current one then, no need to "upgrade" 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Geotech said:

The "New & Improved" is a matter of opinion. I made some minor tweaks to the circuitry to improve consistency but was also asked to remove some features and change the interface to make it simpler to use. Personally, I don't think it's any simpler and I particularly liked the Turbo modes that are no more. Also can't do audio-only any more. Otherwise, it performs the same as before.

How similar or dis similar is my Tek Point from the F Pulse ?

22 hours ago, Geotech said:

The TekPoint & F-Pulse are identical except for color.

Thanks. A great pointer !!!

On 8/1/2022 at 4:54 PM, Geotech said:

The "New & Improved" is a matter of opinion. I made some minor tweaks to the circuitry to improve consistency but was also asked to remove some features and change the interface to make it simpler to use. Personally, I don't think it's any simpler and I particularly liked the Turbo modes that are no more. Also can't do audio-only any more. Otherwise, it performs the same as before.

I'm with you Carl & Simon. I love the F-Pulse as is and see no need for the "upgrade" version.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Carl, did the New & Improved F-Pulse also remove the ability to turn the LED light off and adjust the brightness? Otherwise, my new F-Pulse has great depth and is very stable, I’m very impressed!