Gold Prospector Nugget With The Axiom

Gerry  

If some others was telling us how good this new PI detector bye Garrett called the Axiom was I’m not sure I’d believe them .

It’s said the proof is in the pudding! In this the proof is in the gold nuggets you show that’s been found with the Axiom.

I don’t believe another great detector company needs to roll up their sidewalk and go home but the two could make a great team in the gold fields.

I enjoy looking at all the pictures you post and I thank you for it .

Thanks again!

Chuck 

• Like 6

Gerry 

On some of your pictures shown here I see what I call crumbs. If you will go back and put them back in the ground I’ll come behind you to water them so they’ll grow. Be sure to flag each one so I won’t be wasting water .

What they call a person that’s concern about the environment?

No Gerry It’s not full of Bull S___ .

Chuck 

• Haha 5

Chuck,  You/I and a few others have been on the merry-go-round for a few years now.  We know it takes more than just owning a new detector to find the gold.  Heck, I can find more gold than most with a 10+ yr old detector.  Here is the difference of some new shiny detectors (Axiom).  The lighter weight, better ergonomics, smoother operation, better selection of coils, Ground Timings, Iron ID and a better price point.  Allows me to afford to go more often (price), hunt longer hours (weight), not have to worry about taking extra detectors (features on 1 machine) and in the end, I have a better chance of success.

Yes, those crumbs are not the brutes of years past and I should leave a few for my elders (just 1 more go around nugget), so they get the golden grin again.  I think a few would be happy.

I should probably just give you the water bucket now and see how well you can help make them grow....without digging them up (no peeking).  In actuality Chuck, I realize a bucket of water is heavier than most detectors.  I'll try to look after your longevity and make sure you are not carrying anything to heavy...including gold.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Just looking over all the gold I have been able to recover with the new Garrett Axiom

Gerry, thinking back to our "is the 6000 the king" thread, what are your thoughts about Axiom vs 6000? What do you recommend if one would have just one choice to make? Your quote from the King thread: "As a well known Minelab Dealer who’s sold more GPX-6000 than most dealers and my Field Staff/I keeps in contact with many of the customers, I can assure you it’s earned the status of “KING” in the US.". So, do we have a new king now just a few months after the old one was crowned? 🙂 And even if the 6000 would remain king, is it really worth the 2k extra bucks based on your judgement? Just curious what your thoughts are as I am sure you will get asked this question a lot. Thx.

GC

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

17 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Gerry, thinking back to our "is the 6000 the king" thread, what are your thoughts about Axiom vs 6000? What do you recommend if one would have just one choice to make? Your quote from the King thread: "As a well known Minelab Dealer who’s sold more GPX-6000 than most dealers and my Field Staff/I keeps in contact with many of the customers, I can assure you it’s earned the status of “KING” in the US.". So, do we have a new king now just a few months after the old one was crowned? 🙂 And even if the 6000 would remain king, is it really worth the 2k extra bucks based on your judgement? Just curious what your thoughts are as I am sure you will get asked this question a lot. Thx.

GC

I hate it when the sound of a bullet whizzes by me as I'm on a hillside....

At this time, I'll pass on the comparison as I sell them both.

I really do appreciate your desire to hear my thoughts as it means you believe some of what I say.

I'll say this for now and possibly/probably more down the road, when allowed.

Since I hunt a variety of areas, terrains, kinds of gold in different situations....I want a detector that is more capable of settings and coil options.  If that tool is a chunk of change less money, then I'm more happy as I can afford to go more often.

I know this is not the answer you are wanting, but please understand all the gun barrels pointed at me.  Heck I was taking out the trash this morning and a truck driving down the road backfired.  I hit the deck, grabbed the Axiom and emptied my clip.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I hate it when the sound of a bullet whizzes by me as I'm on a hillside....

At this time, I'll pass on the comparison as I sell them both.

I really do appreciate your desire to hear my thoughts as it means you believe some of what I say.

I'll say this for now and possibly/probably more down the road, when allowed.

Since I hunt a variety of areas, terrains, kinds of gold in different situations....I want a detector that is more capable of settings and coil options.  If that tool is a chunk of change less money, then I'm more happy as I can afford to go more often.

I know this is not the answer you are wanting, but please understand all the gun barrels pointed at me.  Heck I was taking out the trash this morning and a truck driving down the road backfired.  I hit the deck, grabbed the Axiom and emptied my clip.🤣

Many thanks, Gerry. Totally understand your situation. I very much look forward to your reports, as always. 👍

GC

• Like 1

Goldcatcher I would guess, or bet the statement that you get what you pay for applies here.  

So if you insert the new Garret in the lineup of top gun gold detectors, it fills in a gap somewhere between a 5000 and 6000.  I do like the  junk iron disc feature on the Garret though. Hope Minelab gets on that with the next one!

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, WesD said:

Goldcatcher I would guess, or bet the statement that you get what you pay for applies here.  

So if you insert the new Garret in the lineup of top gun gold detectors, it fills in a gap somewhere between a 5000 and 6000.  I do like the  junk iron disc feature on the Garret though. Hope Minelab gets on that with the next one!

Thanks, WeSD, that is pretty much what I figured. But it would be good to have a clear understanding, also from a dealers perspective, how to best make use of the Axiom and how to clearly state the pros and cons compared to the competitors, in particular to new customers. The advanced GB capabilities certainly sounds appealing, but I am somewhat less enthused about iron discrimination in general. It never really has worked reliably for me in the past, due to the known shortcomings of discrimination. At times, I am using the iron meter on the GM and it can work, but you have to literally be right on the nugget. >0.5  inch down and all bets are off. And I doubt that on a PI it would work magically better. But I have been surprised before.

GC 

• Like 2