Only Took Four Years To Get My 5x10 Coil For Nox

Hey Steve,

I agree, Coiltek knocked it out of the park with this coil and their very robust design.  I also have to say Minelab hit a "Home Run" with the Minelab Equinox Series, 600 and 800 metal detectors.  

Looking forward to future reports from you on this new NOX coil.  I haven't been able to use mine much due to time restraints, but they are selling like hotcakes!  

I just got another very large batch of them in, but they are moving quickly.  I have them listed on Ebay and my online store if anyone don't have a lead on them already - 

https://www.robsdetectors.com/?s=Coiltek+Nox&post_type=product

The new Coiltek GoldHawk coils are here, been working on pre-orders the last couple of days.  We also have all of those coils available, but everything is moving quickly.  I just got word NF coils have been delayed a bit longer here in the US, so I'm guess some of those customers might pull the trigger on the new Coiltek's.  

Keep the coils swinging,

Rob

• Like 4

I've been a bit of an over-promoter of this coil, but still haven't found much with other detectors after pillaging with this one. 😀 I'm now excited to see if it passes the "Steve Test™"

Good luck with it! 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've had the Coiltek coil since they first came out about two years or so ago. I haven't taken it off since, until a week ago due to the tabs or ears cracking and breaking. I repaired it by attaching two pieces of 1/8" ABS plastic using black ABS cement. The tabs or ears are now much thicker than before. In 45 years of detecting, this is only the second coil that I've had the ears break on me. The other was a Macro Racer coil back when they first came out. Makro actually had me do a long term reliability test on their Racer 2 coil. Anyways, I think you'll really like your new Coiltek coil. 

Tom

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 2

I love that coil on my machine Steve, I also have the 2 newer new machines, but gee the old Equinox still holds its own...in fact, it may still be the best in my eyes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

I've had the Coiltek coil since they first came out about two years or so ago. I haven't taken it off since, until a week ago due to the tabs or ears cracking and breaking. I repaired it by attaching two pieces of 1/8" ABS plastic using black ABS cement. The tabs or ears are now much thicker than before. In 45 years of detecting, this is only the second coil that I've had the ears break on me. The other was a Macro Racer coil back when they first came out. Makro actually had me do a long term reliability test on their Racer 2 coil. Anyways, I think you'll really like your new Coiltek coil. 

Tom

Been less than two years since they came out, Feb 2021, and you no doubt got after that. What's the warranty?

It’s a great, versatile coil. Very stable and quiet. I have not noticed any knock sensitivity so far (only had mine about 6 months due to supply) and balances the Equinox really well. At least here in the Denver area, I still get clean hits on down to 8” coin sized targets. The coin IDs are just a little lower (I think) on US coins and it hits really small gold very well. 

In 2D and 3D iron nails versus silver dime testing, it outperforms the stock Equinox coils mostly due to its shape and slightly thinner center area on the coil. It does not turn the Equinox into a Deus/Deus 2 but it does very well for being attached to a Minelab SMF.

When I don’t need to go super deep, it is my favorite Equinox coil.

• Like 3

I think it's a good coil, nice nose and tail sensitivity which can be handy for prospecting.  Not quite 6" sensitivity but good enough.

It's a shame to hear of ears breaking, they are very thin and I wondered if that'd eventually happen to someone, at least at this stage it's not widespread so hopefully that one was just a defect in the plastic or something causing it.  I'll never understand why coil designers seem to like putting thin ears on coils, saving weight maybe? Seems crazy to me. 

I'm happy I bought it though, best of the bunch.

• Like 2

Must have coil...think I use it the most now of all them. My Nox is finally getting tired now..some times the ID does not come up on the screen..I’ve had it from the beginning and it owes me nothing....I’d start using the one I got for my wife but I know she would not approve of that lol...time to get another soon

strick

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1