Geology And Finding Gold

4 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

The first book I would recommend is Chris Ralph's book "Fist Full of Gold".

Steve's review of this book.

A topic on this book.

I just ordered the book from Amazon. I have seen his YouTube’s.

• Like 2

Chris Ralph’s book is great!  Highly recommended.  Better if you’re looking for gold deposits in your specific area you could always research the USGS publication warehouse.

ried, 

Maureen G Johnson wrote a couple of booklets describing placer gold occurrences in Arizona and Nevada and possibly other states.  She is a highly respected source of information.  She did a lot of research and the information is well organized by county and the mining districts within each county.  Locations are  described by PLSS reference, also Topographic map reference and much other useful information.

Good hunting,

Jeff

image.thumb.jpeg.b5f60dbe50bc3b62dcdb5e0e68599bbd.jpeg

9 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Chris Ralph’s book is great!  Highly recommended.  Better if you’re looking for gold deposits in your specific area you could always research the USGS publication warehouse.

Definitely recommend the last one too, after first learning the basics in a prospecting book.

They'll talk in great detail about the geology of that specific area - then you can go out and put your eyes and hands on exactly what they are describing, know what it is, and recognize it in other areas.

Prospecting is all about pattern recognition. The best prospectors I've ever know all just seem to have a "nose" for gold, and what I've observed is that nose is another term for simply recognizing patterns subconsciously, knowing what conditions were most likely to produce gold in the past. So the more you can familiarize yourself with actual, real conditions in the field in places known for producing gold, the better "nose" you'll have for sniffing out nuggets in brand new places too.

• Like 1

My book was written to benefit gold hunters everwhere around the world. Here is a review from Australia. I have things in my book you won't find in any other book, such as The Townes Theory. Also I don't know anyone else talking about learning the characterizations of Mass Wasting either. From The U.S.A., Australia, Africa, Turkey, etc.... My book will apply. 

Screenshot_20220804-181835-861.png

31 minutes ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

My book was written to benefit gold hunters everwhere around the world. Here is a review from Australia. I have things in my book you won't find in any other book, such as The Townes Theory. Also I don't know anyone else talking about learning the characterizations of Mass Wasting either. From The U.S.A., Australia, Africa, Turkey, etc.... My book will apply. 

It's pretty much up to my son what he buys.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

I will tell him. The Nugget Shooter's Field Guide?

• Like 2