Any Idea Fossilized Bone?

I have lots of bones (none are fossils) but that’s not mine lol...pulled it off the net.. hope you are doing well..

strick

• Like 1

4 hours ago, strick said:

I have lots of bones (none are fossils) but that’s not mine lol...pulled it off the net.. hope you are doing well..

strick

I’m still breathing on my own, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 5:04 PM, 1515Art said:

Cool bone, my wife’s opinion would differ thou. What’s it s story?

That one looks like it has spent many centuries lying in the water and mud and possibly been in the fire? Very typical of what is found in certain areas of Clearlake here in Nor Cal.....just my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

That one looks like it has spent many centuries lying in the water and mud and possibly been in the fire? Very typical of what is found in certain areas of Clearlake here in Nor Cal.....just my opinion.

You are probably correct in the conditions it was found in, but the location’s probably not California or even in the United States, but who knows? I’m pretty sure we were in China at some friends Jade carving studio I just don’t remember what studio it was or even what city we were in, but I’m sure it was a gift. 

The reason I was asking it would not be out of the question for it to something unusual and I wanted to be sure it wasn’t a fossilized bone from the Gobi Desert or something like that, since I had no idea what the heck it was, lol.

3 minutes ago, 1515Art said:

You are probably correct in the conditions it was found in, but the location’s probably not California or even in the United States, but who knows? I’m pretty sure we were in China at some friends Jade carving studio I just don’t remember what studio it was or even what city we were in, but I’m sure it was a gift. 

The reason I was asking it would not be out of the question for it to something unusual and I wanted to be sure it wasn’t a fossilized bone from the Gobi Desert or something like that, since I had no idea what the heck it was, lol.

Hello Art1515 I like your topic and the item that you posted very much.I goofed up on my FIRST comment as I intended to reply to the bone photo that strick posted (senior moment?)  keep making those good discoveries D.B. 

• Like 1