N Q Explorers 4 Day Axiom Tibooburra Trip Videos

A marketing video with a detector that has a nice loud speaker yet they wear headphones is criminal, I can't bring myself to watch it as its a pure waste of my time.   The most important thing is how the detector sounds, it's response on a target, not showing us some targets they find, who cares about that it really means very little, it's how the detector performs that matters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe I should put some context on this. I've known Warren for over 10 years and rate him on his ability to find both gold and coin/relics. My question on the number of pieces was related to the size found and the gold thats currently being found with the 6000 and the Zed with smaller coils.  Why this is important is in Oz the Axoim is priced basically the same as a 6000 or 2nd hand Zed. Daily gets with the 6000 at Tibooburra are somewhere between 15-20 bits with 75-80% of that being smaller than the smallest bit found with the Axoim on that day. What I was hoping to see (I know it was a small sample size) is 75% of the gold being in the flysh$t range of the 6000. Hopefully in the future videos we'll get to see some of the smaller bits because I'm pretty sure no one in Oz is going to buy an equivalent detector that misses 75% of the gold for the same price.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What they find is actually all that matters. That's what sells metal detectors. Finding stuff. It can be the nicest sounding detector in the world, and if people do not go out and show they can make finds, it will never sell.

That said, I do agree that if a person is going to shoot metal detector videos, then please, show what the detector is doing. The sound it makes while hunting, the sound it makes over target, being the most basic thing of all. Frankly, I find watching metal detector videos about as exciting as watching paint dry, and taking away any ability to hear the detector.... I actually would rather watch paint dry!

The only way Axiom will sell is if more people get their hands on it, and go out and show they can make decent gold finds with it. More importantly, it has to be regular users. So I find gold, Gerry finds gold, Warren finds gold. So what? The naysayers and Minelab defense team will simply say we are Garrett shills, it was all rigged, can't trust those blokes, etc etc. The problem then is the chicken and egg thing. If nobody who actually is good at finding gold is willing to give the Axiom a fair go, and to also show what they find, then what chance does it have really?

There is a lot of ill will towards Garrett, largely over the actions of a gung ho Aussie dealer many years ago, who promoted the Garrett Infinium as a Minelab killer. I actually knew that was causing damage at the time, and tried to fight the guy with my own balanced, and quite honest, reviews of the Infinium. Hype never wins in the end, but gets found out, and leaves a bad taste in people's mouth for a very long time. Longer than I thought actually. Toss in relatively high price for the Axiom in Australia, versus the bargain it is here in the states, and Garrett does really have their work cut out for them. It does not help that patches genuinely are pounded to death now, to the point where even the best operators, with the best gear, are struggling to find gold these days.

garrett-axiom-metal-detector-finds-gold-nuggets.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wow that picture really emphasizes the narrowness of the control box. ❤️

Day 2:

Target Audio and Threshold Tone.....

Warren, are you watching the forum buddy? LOL

Video becomes active on August 10th

• Like 1

Just started watching day 2 video but a couple smile generators already. Nice loud speaker audio, ground balances fast, look at the SDC size piece at 4:12…. Sorry SDC, your only remaining plus (to me) now is that you’re waterproof and we both know we live in Arizona…. eBay for you. 

The best part of the video were his comments at the end…. He’s right, the people of Tib and the pub are beautiful and worth the trip alone. We drove up from Bendigo, was a two day trip and a real adventure, highly recommended. Those who’ve been to Tib will recognize this picture I snapped in town…..  where was I?  (I’ll drop a hint in the second pic). 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.69bb1e812f4cbef9251b2005b0f6d80c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8d7235fca46a53aa1536522cdf783896.jpeg

Unfortunately Warren and Colleen didn't get a good run at it in Tibooburra, weather not on their side. I'm sure it wont be long until we see some side by side comparisons against the 6000. Hopefully get a chance when Warren's back down in Vic to take him to some very angry ironstone reefs. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No day 3 or 4 yet guys, sorry.... I check several times per day and I sent him a message yesterday asking about day 3... no response... I'll post it the second it pops up.

• Like 1

Looks like that's a wrap kids....  😕 See below...

image.thumb.png.4c13a705135fe8ddad65bc4acf8066e6.png

• Like 1