Energy Helps With Finding 5 Rings

Nice hunt! Sorry you're not getting the gold, but you sure do have a feel for a lucky find.

That ring is a Hobbit ring from Lord of the Rings:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Ring

Nice to see ya getting out there. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice work Mitchell those hobbit rings are out there.... someone here posted a big gold one they found...I got  a big silver one at Pismo a few years ago. Wishing you gold soon. 

Strick 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, mn90403 said:

My style of hunting is always enhanced when wave energy is right.  Last night there was a reasonable amount of energy that washed coins ($6) and rings (5) up and also washed some of the sand from the blanket line down.  This is what happens when you get a 'cut' on the beach.

I've had much better hunts and I'm still on a gold drought, but the chain and silver ring are pretty nice.  There is an unusual black ring with gold lettering that I can't recognize.  Does anyone have any ideas?

1483842748_IMG_20220806_092309_7431.thumb.jpg.ceb3a4604eff3ec39c5cd46aae370758.jpg

IMG_20220806_092104_737[1].jpg

IMG_20220806_092047_960[1].jpg

IMG_20220806_091929_660[1].jpg

IMG_20220806_091924_087[1].jpg

Ouch, I think I missed an opportunity as I have heard of some recent sand movement. I didn't think that the tide was that good but I guess a good swell can overcome a poor tide. Anyway, thanks for the report and congrats on what looked like a fun hunt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice catching the beach at the right time. It pays off. It's always a surprise when you think the beach is going to be a dud but when you get there you find a nice cut. Congrats on the good finds!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Compass said:

Ouch

There are different types of energy.  Wind, waves and tide affect my beaches.  If you add in directions, then you can end up with vortexes that cause patches.  You just have to find them.

This year has seemingly been more of a challenge because the sand movement is out of whack.  I think the good stuff has remained farther out in the surf and it is deeper because there have been fewer event enhancements to the wave/shore lines.

• Like 2

I went back the next night and broke my gold drought with a .6g stud less earring.  

IMG_20220808_140819_021[1].jpg

• Like 3