Smallest Dink I Dug With 11 Commander Mono Coil

You can't get a better attitude than that, great work and a nice little nuggie.  I have a real soft spot for my 4500, I just can't part with it.

• Like 1

We think alike HotSauce and it doesn't take much to get me excited.

So many people tell me my videos get a little eccentric, but I'm used to it.  Heck I look at it like this.

I plan for a trip and many times it's testing a new coil or as recently a new detector.  I try my best to put myself in the location I feel to make it shine at the task I plan on showing it.  I video so many digs and 95% of them turn out to be trash.  This takes a lot of extra time in the field.  Eventually my goal is accomplished and Au is in the hand.  Yes I get excited and if it's big I get really going.

Even a small dink on certain occasions turn me up.  I especially enjoy if it's a new site I just discovered or a new patch off a beating one.  I know there is more greater potential to come.

I do the same thing when hunting for old coins or gold rings.  I put so much effort into a trip or hunt and when I do succeed, I'm extremely happy, grateful and joyous.  Big Game hunting, fishing, detecting is all the same to me.

Now the reverse of that can be said about me as well.  There have been times (not that many though) I've dug up so much gold, that I totally get bored.  Heck it's just another small gold nugget.  I've done this with VLF's, PI's and even the ZED.

Many times on extended trips I prefer to mix up my hunts.  I'll do gold for a few days and then old coins/relics and then back to gold at a different location.  I try to keep my mind fresh and eager for the next prize.

Congrats on your happy gold.

• Like 3

Glad to see you pull in some gold even if it is a little small.

The feeling must have been nice when you found it, and even more when you pulled it out of the ground.

I have problems with my ears ringing all the time and have trouble with tones on my 800. I have to learn the different patterns that the small gold has so that I will be able to use my detector better.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe and cool in this weather.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 11:15 PM, Valens Legacy said:

Glad to see you pull in some gold even if it is a little small.

The feeling must have been nice when you found it, and even more when you pulled it out of the ground.

I have problems with my ears ringing all the time and have trouble with tones on my 800. I have to learn the different patterns that the small gold has so that I will be able to use my detector better.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe and cool in this weather.

Always nice to pull gold out of the dirt,  small or large. I suppose my aim at the post was to show beginners that the new and expensive machines of today are not nessesery,  of course buy them if you have the resources. The older models still do a good job. When your pulling out small specks that barely register your not missing much. 

• Like 3

Who cares what detector we are using...if we are having Success and fun, it really doesn't matter if it's a 15 yr old detector or a new $8500 one.  Success and fun is contagious so sharing is just as fun.

Attached are a couple pics of one situation I was very proud of, years ago.

Little man named Garrett came to my Field Training one summer at Rye Patch, NV with his Grandpa.  Grandpa surprised little Garrett with a birthday gift of a Garrett metal detector.  He so wanted little grandson Garrett to find a nugget.  So one day Gramps find a signal near the surface and as I'm listening to the signal and knowing the location, I was certain this could be a nugget.  We took little guy Garrett over there with his new $200 Ace-250 GARRETT detector and let him dig it up.  In all metal mode the Ace-250 did it's job and fun was flowing.

Some of the great memories I cherish forever.  

Grandpa was so thrilled that I caught the moments on camera and took the time to send him pics, he had them put into a display (with the gold nugget) and hanging on the wall for the rest of his life.

That was in 2005 and little Garrett is grown man now.  Memories for a lifetime and who cares what detector it was.

GarrettPoster.jpg

GarrettJimRP.JPG

• Like 8

Nice story Gerry and am glad for the little kid, but I think HotSauce is still the champ on this one.

He found it all by himself ain't that right HotSauce.

Just kidding I enjoyed both stories and pictures, and hope the kid is still detecting.

• Haha 3

I hope that many more young people get interested in the game. When my boys were about 10 they are now in their 50s. I showed some gold to the kids in their Primary School grades. I hope they are detecting now but not on my patch 😁. I told them that I have counted them so I  will know if there any missing 😄

1749252560_BlueBookExtras--247-Copy.thumb.jpg.bb82b6a9d6256f28fcad85320b6a4ed3.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2