Smallest Dink I Dug With 11 Commander Mono Coil

We need more young folks in this hobby,  what a great way to experience the outdoors. So many today hanging in their bedrooms playing video games. It would be fine if they balanced it out with some outdoor activity. I grew up reading treasure books, old pirate tails, and watched anything with those themes. It fed my adventurous spirit in me, glad I grew up in those days, today I'd be distracted by video games like so many. 😃 I always share my hobby with those that find it interesting, show them some gold you just never know who you will inspire to buy their first detector.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, HotSauce said:

We need more young folks in this hobby,  what a great way to experience the outdoors. So many today hanging in their bedrooms playing video games. It would be fine if they balanced it out with some outdoor activity.

I am still in my early 20's and had a wonderful teacher in my grandfather. We went panning for gold, sluicing for gold, and many other great things in the outdoors. I never had any interest in video games as I love the outdoors.

Just a couple of weeks ago I took my girlfriend out to a creek near where I live and showed her how to find gold. I know that it was small here in Illinois from the creek, but she enjoyed it greatly and keeps asking when we are going again. Yesterday she gave me some news that shocked me and it was that she is late. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she isn't late as there is more that I want to do before I settle down with a family. We really did have fun panning for gold, but I think I need to remember to make it home at night instead of pitching a tent.

The 10x5 coil has been working in the creeks finding the right spot for some pay dirt. I have only been using the 800 since my grandfather had passed away, so I am still a newbie.

• Like 3