Nice hunt. A cool toy car. To bad it was in a crash! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds like someone been cherry picking the high tones for a long time, probably one of those Tesoro users :0 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Great story and hunt NC! 👍 Nice coin shoot, I think the kicker was digging everything in the 60s, that sure will net you a fair amount of pull tabs 😀

I really enjoy those instances of pulling lots of coins in a short time, but it does make me tired. Awesome!

• Like 2

With that many nickels I'd try it again, good odds there might be a gold something still there.   About 1997 i hit a beach and two guy's were leaving when i got there. They had Minelabs, all i found were nickels with my Tesoro golden µmax.  Don't know if they were silver sniping or what but not a clad quarter or dime did i find either. I was running no notch as i had no idea how to use it then, later i figured it out and could notch square tabs and some ring pulls out  and got better at finding gold compared to before.  

• Like 3

Great hunt with a lot of digging, something I like to do but haven't had time to go yet.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Up here, it was common to keep children busy at social events by having them "hunt for treasure". Coins (usually pennies or nickels) were mixed in a pile of dirt, and the kids spent many happy hours digging with their hands for the coins.

A couple of weeks ago I discovered about 100 pennies from the mid-1990's in a 10 foot circle in the far corner of a park in the centre of town. So many coins, that I simply stopped digging them. The coins were all at least 3 inches down. I suspect this was a "treasure pile" from some past get-together. I've included a picture of some of the coins.

If only I could find a "treasure pile" from earlier times!

thumbnail_20220927_055653.jpg

• Like 6