100's To 6... Lead To Gold

Returned to Yuma to find that big one...no joy there. i did snag 6 little ones and hundreds of pieces of junk. I saved all the non-ferrous junk and photographed it.This will give some beginners a small glimmer of what the gold to trash ratio can be. Not in all places and not always but this is the usual reality of nugget hunting.

Condor flew by and then went for a wander...a very chatty and good fellow.

also some descendants of the old jack-ass prospectors came to visit me.

001.JPG

004.JPG

potholes 4-15-16 012.JPG

potholes 4-15-16 018.JPG

• Like 9

Fred

That's not too bad with trash to gold ratio. The best thing you didn't come away with nothing to show for your time. If it had been it wouldn't had been your first.

The best on your next time out.

Chuck 

• Like 1

Nice gold Fred. Glad to see you made some friends while you were visiting.

Fred,

One of the few States I have never been to is Arizona.  What is the larger brownish lump that's with your keepers?  Also what is the 2 black specs with your keepers.  I would say since you got some gold you were pretty successful and by the looks of the trash you dug you earned it!

26 minutes ago, Roughwater said:

What is the larger brownish lump that's with your keepers?  Also what is the 2 black specs with your keepers.

I would venture to say that the two small black objects are from outer space...and the larger Hazel object is either a crystal or someones suppository?

Nice work Fred on the gold and the  reality of the sport...

strick

Fred,

Better than we did in the Mother Lode but we have to get out and swing in some place other than Gleeson Pit.

Mitchel

• Like 1

7 hours ago, strick said:

I would venture to say that the two small black objects are from outer space...and the larger Hazel object is either a crystal or someones suppository?

Thanks Strict,

I was hoping the specs might be meteorite's but wasn't sure.  The bigger lump kinda looked like one of my toenails but since I never been to Arizona most likely not.   

• Like 1