Garrett Axiom - Outback Gold 2! Target With Audio Video

50 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

But with each update it’s just got better, and the last got it to the finish line.

How many updates did your machine get?  Sorry if this was already brought up in one of the other threads.

NDA. And irrelevant really. How many has the Nokta Legend got since it came out? Garrett will be tweaking up until release, and then again after, as user feedback comes in. No handful of testers in a handful of places, can duplicate what 1000 real life users will find, and so some sort of post release update is all but assured.

• Like 4

To add onto Swegin's question, what's the updating process like, out of curiosity?

Do we need a program like XChange to install the update? Or how does the process work?

• Like 1

Wow, the video sure does a good job showing the smooth enjoyable stable threshold sound of this detector. Reminds me of the smooth GPX 5000 threshold but with gold sizes more like the SDC's capabilities. If the Axiom is also able to handle the hottest ground, then this is also a super bonus to open up a lot of new areas that had to be ignored before.

Great job Garrett, looking forward to getting these in stock even more now. 

Thanks also Steve and Gerry for all your hard work helping Garrett make this happen.

• Like 4

I am very intrigued by the Garrett Axiom, and being a 24k owner, I really love the brand and really wanted to get one, so I posted my 6k for sale early last week. I only had it on EBay and here for a short while, but decided to pull it off sale and wait until next year to see what the Axioms do in person. Well, and also as I mentioned to Steve when I asked if he could pull my ad, I decided I should put more time on it learning how to use it and making it do what it was made to do first.  Besides, I really do enjoy using it.  In the meantime, I also just got a Coiltek 10x5” for it as our areas are small gold in mild soils.

Anyways, good luck to those trading theirs for the Axiom, looking forward to reading about your personal experiences with them and maybe I’ll do the same sometime down the road.

• Like 3

I am a bit surprised why anyone would sell, trade or rid themselves of a perfectly great detector and a new one like the GPX 6000 for the new Garret Axiom, its not as if its going to get you the gold of all a sudden because you have a new detector. I suppose I am old fashioned, frugal, cheap call it what you want, if it ain't broke why fix it. Finding gold takes way more then a detector, you need access to gold fields, you need time to learn the machine that you have, and a lot of time behind it digging thousands of pieces of trash. I am sure the "New" Garret Axiom is a great performing detector, I watched the videos and it sure gets the small stuff!! I am not knocking it at all and would love to have one, but hanging up ole Betsy ML 4500 just doesn't  feel right for me, she still sniffs out the mosquito poop, the deep lunks she has found many times, if it aint broke, why replace her. Just a thought I had this morning wanted to share, a rolling stone gathers no moss. 

• Like 2