Garrett Axiom - Outback Gold 2! Target With Audio Video

2 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I can only answer for myself. Your assumption is it’s all about finding gold. Yes, I like doing that.  It I also enjoy metal detecting, and the equipment itself. Think of a person being a car enthusiast, or something like that. I enjoy using new detectors just to go use them, and figure out how to get the best out of them.

I think I also just like new toys. I’m a big kid. There are not many things I like, but I do like tech stuff, so a new computer, or iPad, or metal detector, tops my toy list. I like getting my new toys and playing with them. Never really grew up in that regard I guess.

There is actually an entire subset of detectorists who do almost no actual metal detecting at all per se. They make them for themselves, or buy various models, and do endless comparison tests on YouTube.

It all just comes down to different people enjoying different things in life. Because yeah, if you just want to go detecting, get a detector, and go detect. Keep it for a decade or more. There is a lot to be said about being 110% proficient with an older detector, then half assed with the latest and greatest. Personally, I’m about ready to settle in and get off the new machine of the week merry go round myself, and am currently weeding out, and selling, half my current stable of eight detectors. And then hopefully just going out and using what’s left, without getting distracted by the latest shiny new model.

I know men and women who seem to have similar old model issues with spouses, and thank my lucky stars I’m not one of them! :laugh:

I totally get your perspective Steve, I remember in one of your old post you mentioned how you enjoy the latest new tech, be they detectors, computers, and such. I understand why you would want to get rid of some of the older detectors and get this new one. I have a spouse and 3 children and my first priority is my family, although I have been serious about the search for gold for well over 30 years and have had some darn good success at it. I think I have found my find of a lifetime 3 X  and joined the pound club to boot.  The future may give me a 2 pounder , like Jennifer stated " we're always chasing that next thing that will find us our retirement nugget," and if that means buying the next and possibly the greatest new detector to keep that dream and hope alive , then its worth it. 

• Like 2

Is it just me who's noticed what started as a "I am a bit surprised why anyone would sell, trade or rid themselves of a perfectly great detector and a new one like the GPX 6000 for the new Garret Axiom" attitude had slowly turned into "maybe I need an Axiom" and then to "then it's worth it".... LOL. We're looking forward to seeing your Axiom gold @IronDigger 😉 Here Iron, (reaching out), let me twist your RUBBER arm for you. 🙂 Welcome home buddy, you're among friends here....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jen to be honest I think there is a lot of patriotism at the moment. While I like the ergonomics of the Axoim nothing else has wowed me. Unfortunately it’s priced like a game changer in Oz and until there is multiple side by side comparisons on test patches and live ground showing conclusive results people here still are still shy post the ATX.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jennifer said:

Is it just me who's noticed what started as a "I am a bit surprised why anyone would sell, trade or rid themselves of a perfectly great detector and a new one like the GPX 6000 for the new Garret Axiom" attitude had slowly turned into "maybe I need an Axiom" and then to "then it's worth it".... LOL. We're looking forward to seeing your Axiom gold @IronDigger 😉 Here Iron, (reaching out), let me twist your RUBBER arm for you. 🙂 Welcome home buddy, you're among friends here....

I have been sitting on the fence for way to long 🙂 but having a second detector that does what it claims would be a great asset. Just need to figure out what mining equipment I will put up for sale. Anyone in need of a commercial 5 bank drywasher? 🙂 Droughts not going away, plenty of small gold to be found..come on now...lol. 

Jen, I am among friends for sure, a bunch of crazy individuals with a disease called Gold Fever..no vaccine for it...

1 minute ago, IronDigger said:

Just need to figure out what I will put up for sale. Anyone in need of a commercial 5 bank drywasher? 🙂 

HECK YA!!!! if you were stateside.... I have a friend who's a machinist building me a 5 tray blower right now..... (I'm assuming you're in Aus).... but YAY.... we won over another one Steve.... we get a new toaster (only some of you, the legacy ones, will understand that joke)

1 minute ago, Jennifer said:

HECK YA!!!! if you were stateside.... I have a friend who's a machinist building me a 5 tray blower right now..... (I'm assuming you're in Aus).... but YAY.... we won over another one Steve.... we get a new toaster (only some of you, the legacy ones, will understand that joke)

Ohhh No !! Jen I have the perfect rig all done and ready for work. I am in California.. Think you have seen the pictures before. 5 Keene boxes and a continuous vibrating 8 foot by 5 foot grizzly screen. Great to hear your getting one made...steel , slick plates and parts not cheap these days.

Just now, IronDigger said:

Ohhh No !! Jen I have the perfect rig all done and ready for work. I am in California.. Think you have seen the pictures before. 5 Keene boxes and a continuous vibrating 8 foot by 5 foot grizzly screen. Great to hear your getting one made...steel , slick plates and parts not cheap these days.

PM sent

27 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Somebody is getting a new detector 🤣

Oh yea for sure, guaranteed, and my interest in his dry washer has no bearing, he talked himself into it inside of 3 of HIS OWN posts... LOL

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, IronDigger said:

Anyone in need of a commercial 5 bank drywasher? 🙂 Droughts not going away, plenty of small gold to be found..come on now...lol. 

I am for the right price, if you are serious. But my price and your price probably are quite a distance apart, since I can weld one together myself.

Post that sucker in the classifieds if you are serious!