Garrett Axiom - Outback Gold 2! Target With Audio Video

If everyone is waiting to buy an Axiom to see how they perform it would behoove the early adopters to stay silent and suck up all the gold before the rest of the band wagon joins.  Just sayin 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

If everyone is waiting to buy an Axiom to see how they perform it would behoove the early adopters to stay silent and suck up all the gold before the rest of the band wagon joins.  Just sayin 🤣🤣

Kinda late for that, what do you think Gerry has been doing?! 🤑

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, GR Guy said:

While I like the ergonomics of the Axoim nothing else has wowed me. Unfortunately it’s priced like a game changer in Oz and until there is multiple side by side comparisons on test patches and live ground showing conclusive results people here still are still shy post the ATX.

As both a hobby prospector and retailer, that's where my thoughts are at the moment. Like Steve I do like new toys, and need to know how they perform. 

• Like 2

On 8/11/2022 at 1:16 PM, GR Guy said:

To be honest I think there is a lot of patriotism at the moment. While I like the ergonomics of the Axoim nothing else has wowed me. Unfortunately it’s priced like a game changer in Oz and until there is multiple side by side comparisons on test patches and live ground showing conclusive results people here still are still shy post the ATX.

Your patriotism statement sounds like some Americans or people living in America would rather have an American made PI even if it is not as good as an Australian/Malaysian PI. 

I owned the GPX 6000 and the GPX 5000 and the SDC 2300 and the GPX 3500. I even owned a QED for awhile...... I could keep going but the fact is with all of those detectors there were either performance issues, ergonomic issues or both at the same time that made them come up short for me and where I often hunt in high mountain areas with very little flat ground, lots of almost vertical detecting, magnetite the size of golf balls along with plenty of other hot rocks and lots of leftover late 1800s miner's iron and tin trash. To top it off there are large power lines running through these areas.

None of the detectors listed above could really meet the needs of these places. Maybe the Axiom can with its lighter weight, better DD coil selections, better USA ground handling and what appears to be more shallow/big iron discrimination using DD coils along with competitive sensitivity on very small gold. 

I don't really care who makes a detector. I also don't care about finding the next world class nugget. I am happy finding gold bits of any size. An enjoyable and memorable experience in beautiful country is what I care about most. So I do care about features and ergonomics that meet my needs. If a PI like the Axiom can handle these Colorado hydraulic pits and talus slopes at 10,000+ ft elevation, it can definitely handle places with less intense mineralization, less extreme terrain and less miner's trash.

• Like 6