New Gray Ghost Amphibian Iis For The Deus 2

Brad Plohman

I tried out my new GGA IIs (for Deus 2) the other day and love them. They use the bone phone output instead of the wired headphone output and have tons of volume. I started with the volume at 6 but found that uncomfortably loud, so dropped it to 5 which is still plenty loud. I also like the sound quality, which I would describe as somewhat like the bone phones sound, but better and without that brain rattling big iron response. Comfort wise; the cup pads of these GGA IIs seem to be softer than any of my original GGAs. Nice molded, 90 degree m8 connector and glad to see they got rid of that cup mounted volume pot. Great job Detector Pro!

(BTW that’s not a splice in the cable in the picture; I just have the cable taped to a large zip tie to keep it away from the handle)

20220810_083453.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Thanks for the info, Brad.  I was eyeing these. So since the GGA II’s are using the Bone Phone output you are limited to Square Wave audio only, correct?

Yes, that's correct Chase, I just went and checked to be sure. You have to select the bone phones and the only option is square. If you select the wired headphones there is no output to these headphones. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Brad Plohman said:

I tried out my new GGA IIs (for Deus 2) the other day and love them. They use the bone phone output instead of the wired headphone output and have tons of volume. I started with the volume at 6 but found that uncomfortably loud, so dropped it to 5 which is still plenty loud. I also like the sound quality, which I would describe as somewhat like the bone phones sound, but better and without that brain rattling big iron response. Comfort wise; the cup pads of these GGA IIs seem to be softer than any of my original GGAs. Nice molded, 90 degree m8 connector and glad to see they got rid of that cup mounted volume pot. Great job Detector Pro!

(BTW that’s not a splice in the cable in the picture; I just have the cable taped to a large zip tie to keep it away from the handle)

20220810_083453.jpg

Is the cable coiled or straight?

Hmm.  I wonder if the battery drain is more or less than the Bone Phones.  Detector Pro calls them "solid state",  so I presume they are piezo (though I think using the term solid state is a misnomer with piezos since you still have to provide a small diaphragm to generate the audible pressure wave - "solid state driven" is more accurate or just use come right out and say "piezoelectric").

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Hmm.  I wonder if the battery drain is more or less than the Bone Phones.  Detector Pro calls them "solid state",  so I presume they are piezo (though I think using the term solid state is a misnomer with piezos since you still have to provide a small diaphragm to generate the audible pressure wave - "solid state driven" is more accurate or just use come right out and say "piezoelectric").

The draw seems reasonable. I spent 4hrs in the water this morning hunting in a low target dense environment at vol 5 and the remote battery indicator still reads full. I popped one of the cups open to have a peak at the "secret sauce" and they're different from what I've seen in my original GGAs with the sealed piezo boxes but still appear to be very much piezo. Also I'm very happy to confirm this morning, they do report gold. 🙂

20220811_134803.jpg

20220811_130847.jpg

20220811_135116.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I’ll likely get these. Thanks for the insight Brad. But first I’m going to attempt to diy a set via my bone phones and a pair of shooting muffs.