Would You Buy An AQ Limited If You Could?

I was curious to see if anyone would buy an AQ Limited if Fisher made it available or would you wait and hope for a Unlimited model to finally be produced?  My thoughts are:  If Fisher offers the Limited, I would be a buyer because I fear that the Unlimited version may never see the light of day.  Watching OBN and Carolina produce with the AQ is a pleasure to see and a two year warrantee should take care of out of the box hiccups.  My only fear about buying an AQ Limited is that Kellyco was correct when they stated that the AQ finished product would be released in 2022.  What are your thoughts?  

No, I would not buy one. I was on the original list to get one and dropped out as I started hearing about all the problems and that the ability of being able to identify iron was exaggerated and had no practical use.

Long before the limited came out I was suggesting a non-waterproof model to keep the price down. I think they would have sold a lot more machines that way and avoided the leaking/corrosion problems.

I think they need to go back to the drawing board and start over with a more streamlined model. Lower the price and just make it the high performance PI detector that it really is. Call it the AQ Beach for wet sand and water up to knee deep. No speaker, no headphones, under $1000. If that shows promise, then go ahead and design a submersible version.

• Like 3

Out of the 12 or so owners I know of the AQ Limited, only 4 are really happy with it. (Mike, Carolina, TVR and me) I've come to the conclusion it takes a special breed to understand what the machine can do, how to use it and most important.. where to use it... Mike and I use it as a PI, Carolina and TVR use both sides of it, Disc/PI. 

No doubt the AQ is not the perfect machine but I would not sell or trade the (2) I have for anything out there. I love them!

Would I recommend a AQ Limited to anyone.. right now, no.  Take a chance and let them sell thru the 40 or so they have left and see if they offer the new one with the upgraded battery setup. A 3 hour and 20 plus minute battery is Sad. A extra is 200.oo! Ouch! Also, if you plan on using it in moving salt water it may not be the machine for you, on the open beach (wet/dry sand) its at home.

Hope I am right on my answer, I would hate to see this great machine die with only the limited model being made.

xxx.jpg

• Like 7

I own one only used it a hand full of times. 
I don’t want to submerge the control box so I only used it were I have a lot of wet sand( tide goes out real far) not the oceans. And if i wade in the water I don’t do deep and try using it on negative tides. 
I am only getting a real faint air test of 13in we’re other are getting 16-19 in. 
this one beach I tried using it at I haven’t gotten one good deep targets. I no there targets there beach another guy using a tdi sl and he digging like a backhoe he shows me tad bit of what he found and also claims to be digging some false target and junk also. I know he has to be finding gold But the holes he digging he could place an order for lunch if u know what I mean. I own the barracuda and dual field so have some experience with pulse induction 
I have it set up with the settings where others have told me to use it even higher and the threshold is not steady etc. I really value Joe Beachnut opinion about machines and have to try more with it. After Labor Day I will have to try a some more with it when there not checking for town I’d. 
I wish I knew someone who had one and could test mine out to see if it’s working right. 

• Like 2

I also had a couple of opportunities to purchase a Limited and decided not to - mostly because of the problems that many users were reporting. If that small sample size that OBN has seen (4 out of 12 really happy customers) represents all of those who purchased one, 25% customer satisfaction is pretty scary and that percentage could even be lower. Even if the detector was free of problems I still see its uses somewhat "Limited" to specific situations . I also have a TDI Beachhunter to use in those situations and it has been a reliable "workhorse".

• Like 2

On 8/11/2022 at 11:22 AM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

xxx.jpg

Thanks OBN for the scoop lanyard/carry example! 👍

Carry on... 😀