Garrett Axiom V. Minelab SDC 2300, Feature Comparison, Not Detecting Ability Comparison

I swore I'd never ask "how does this detector compare to that detector", I know all to well this is impossible unless you're in very strict controlled environments so that's not what this post is about. This is an early start to a discussion that will grow as people start receiving their Axiom's as the only parties who have this knowledge at this point are @Steve Herschbach, @Gerry in Idaho, Warren (NQ Explorer's) etc.....

So we've seen Warren pull some pretty tiny Tib gold..... something that till now was the specialty of Gold Bugs and SDC 2300's, and maybe a GPX machine with a Sadie..... so if you have an SDC 2300, and you just received your Axiom.... are you finding the Axiom is finding similar size/depth? What are the reasons you'd keep your SDC, is it because it's waterproof and you do sniping, is it the fold-up compact nature? If you've got a fully decked out SDC platform and you have an Axiom.... is there a justified reason to have over $3k worth of SDC in your harem while owning an Axiom...... (yes I'm trying to be talked out of selling mine.. LOL)

Thoughts? (again we have limited knowledge to base this on at this point so this thread will take a while to gain value, but I know better than to ask about a comparison from Steve LOL... this is more about does the Axiom cover most of your SDC satisfying needs)

As a proud new Axiom owner....why are you keeping your SDC?

• Jennifer changed the title to Garrett Axiom V. Minelab SDC 2300, Feature Comparison, Not Detecting Ability Comparison.

10 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The SDC 2300 is fully waterproof, folds up into an ultracompact package, and in use is basically a gold vacuum cleaner.

That's exactly why I still have mine.... just like I have a brand new dry suit and a Brownies Third Lung I've not used in years since moving to Arizona... I LOVE the little SDC, it's so hard to sell it but I seriously foresee (especially after seeing Warren's latest video) that in Arizona at least with no water on my property my continued loyalty to it is based on non realistic reasoning and more for sentimental reasons.... I've always felt when using it for a specific small gold session, that if I'm walking I might as well be carrying a detector that can get the stuff at depth as well and used my GPX with the Sadie but the Axiom info seen so far really just (I'm assuming) seems to be a rig I can grab instead.....

PS: Thanks for the animated gif... LOL.... that didn't help... LOL.. I LOVE the way it folds up, that's why I've never tossed a Coiltek on....

• Like 2

• Steve Herschbach changed the title to Garrett Axiom V. Minelab SDC 2300, Feature Comparison, Not Detecting Ability Comparison

Thanks for moving the post and cleaning up the title @Steve Herschbach