Using Your Pi Detector To Clean Up A Yard

I was searching today for something online and came across this Utube video and thought this was a pretty smart way to put your Deep seeking PI detector to good use.  In the video they use it to locate deep targets, mark them and go back over with an etrac to determine whether to dig or not.   

The funny part about the GPX is he only had a 5x10 on there, That's why I like big concentrics on a VLF, They give you PI depth and the Disc as well, I tried to use my 3500 like that and I had that many signals I decided to dig the targets after about ah hour and a half I ended up Knee deep in a hole about the size of a Crown Vic, some body had buried a  6 bar Iron fence, I never did get it all out, lol

thanks for posting that video,

John 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, auminesweeper said:

The funny part about the GPX is he only had a 5x10 on there

I thought that odd too but then thought maybe with all the EMI close at hand maybe a small coil would deal with the EMI better?  But I don't really know.  I do know that he mentioned he took Gerry's class very recently so maybe new at this?  I also wondered if the Etrack with a larger coil might work better too?

• The title was changed to Using Your PI Detector To Clean Up A Yard