First Outing With The Coiltek 10x5" And 14x19" On The GPX 6000

phrunt

Is there by chance a chart someone has made somewhere listing the weight of the various Coiltek and the stock 11" weights?

I'm going to have to swallow my pride and pay $400 to fix Minelab's own stability problem for them, and get a coil so I can get on with my season while waiting for the Axiom. Hoping to find a coil that is the same weight as the 11", or lighter. 

NV-OR-ID-CAL-AU has posted a table with weights of all the new NF and Coiltek offerings.  I took a picture of the post with my phone on July 1st.  I couldn't find it in a search of this website and I think he changed his user name my explain why. 

The Coiltek 14x9 is supposed to be 900g and the 10x5 575g. Stock Minelab 11in is 707g.

My 10x5 is 578g on the scale. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jasong said:

Is there by chance a chart someone has made somewhere listing the weight of the various Coiltek and the stock 11" weights?

Jasong,

This chart has a good comparison chart and has weights! I've found it to be pretty accurate in testing the coils. Have not got the NF coils yet though. To clarify, small gold represents more sensitivity to shallow small targets and big gold is for larger targets at depth

A34E27BC-6749-4924-B35C-85F077D58E78.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Glad you are pleased with the GPX-6000's performance once you get a good coil on it.  Actually, even the stock coil on the GPX-6000 is going to get more small nuggets than a 7000 in my opinion, but the new GOLDHAWK is a game changer on that detector. 

Your results, success and enthusiasm just glows right now and that's exactly what you needed my friend.

I was shocked myself when i tested them for CoilTek here in the US and our results were just like yours - more gold from the same sites.

Keep it up my friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

Gr Guy,

The 9" is staying on mine too. 

6E6B49B9-D8E7-4266-80C9-DB4CC235964B.jpeg

Looks ready to go! Did you cover the entire bottom of the coil cover with pipe tape as well?

25 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

Looks ready to go! Did you cover the entire bottom of the coil cover with pipe tape as well?

Yes, the tape is on the bottom of the coil too. Seems to quite the rock scrapes quite a bit.

• Thanks 1

I gave it 3 hours today unlike your success Simon, I’m still waiting on my first bit of gold with the new coil, today I ran the little 10x5 and the 17” coil this new coil handled the EMI much better than the big Minelab although the 17 was useable it false signaled frequently the new coil performed with only a few small EMI peeps here and there.

It was toward the end of my day and after putting the 17” on the thunder had just started overhead.

The little coil indeed weighs less than the 11” it’s a good 80g less by my scale it just all compacted in a smaller package.

B79C6658-47C8-4677-9C60-8A93B8205EF8.thumb.jpeg.9d8255a69e98ad64fedfe1999f01b782.jpeg61C42D08-D651-48D2-BCBD-CAB1FD9119F6.thumb.jpeg.eb47946d4964bb3ea5d82c818f8c9a12.jpeg

• Like 7