Miners Den Bluetooth Kit, Anyone Used One Yet?

It's only been out a few weeks but may be a good alternative to the Pro-Sonic, has anyone picked one up yet? How do you like it, how's the latency, how long is a charge lasting you?

Nenad @PhaseTech, is that your SDC lead in his hand or are they selling their own now?

Jen

So they've repackaged a China bluetooth transmitter, named it the MD-21 (Miners Den 21) and packaged it up to sell with a printed label on a box? 🙂

Similar possibly better version from China, I've been using a Chinese one for some time now and it's been flawless, this is my one from Mpow, excellent on the GPX 4500/5000.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, phrunt said:

So they've repackaged a China bluetooth transmitter, named it the MD-21 (Miners Den 21) and packaged it up to sell with a printed label on a box? 🙂

Similar possibly better version from China, I've been using a Chinese one for some time now and it's been flawless, this is my one from Mpow, excellent on the GPX 4500/5000.

With all due respect, your entire 1st paragraph is exactly what 95% of the products out there in fact are, do you know of a bluetooth module NOT made in China, other than maybe the Garrett Z-Link system? (granted you've also lathered on a bit of passive aggressive hostility towards Miners Den, did you have a bad experience?)....

So I respect your opinion and would die to protect your right to express it (WHERE IT IS RELEVANT) but I didn't ask for input on presumptions of a business model nor impressions of what YOU consider a possibly better version, my subject line was as follows "Miners Den Bluetooth Kit, Anyone Used One Yet?" not "An alternative to the Miners Den Bluetooth Kit, Anyone Used One Yet or feel like sharing their impressions or wild a*s guesses on what the Miners Den one may be and where it's made"?

But you'll be the first I ask when I'm looking for feedback on something totally unrelated to my thread topic. 😉

How's that for nipping that in the bud and trying to keep my post on topic? Dang it.. there's that burnt eyebrow smell again, where the heck does that keep coming from (looking around).

Not worth the argument.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Ive tried a heap of LL Bluetooth gear for use with my detectors and in my opinion, they're all crap. Despite being labelled as 'Low latency', the lag is ridiculously bad. Mpow and Avantree are among the worst offenders, despite being at the high end of pricing. This is what surprised me the most with the ML wireless headphones on the 6000......they actually work with no noticeable lag!!!!

With my experience with the 2300, I saw that headphone/audio combo's seriously affected the sensitivity/stability of this detector, unless the orig headphones were used or the Phase-tech audio lead for use with Koss or Sennheisser  headphones. Everything else sucked. Just my experience. 

IMG_20220812_171745[1].jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Sigh

5 hours ago, Aureous said:

Ive tried a heap of LL Bluetooth gear for use with my detectors and in my opinion, they're all crap. Despite being labelled as 'Low latency', the lag is ridiculously bad. Mpow and Avantree are among the worst offenders, despite being at the high end of pricing. This is what surprised me the most with the ML wireless headphones on the 6000......they actually work with no noticeable lag!!!!

With my experience with the 2300, I saw that headphone/audio combo's seriously affected the sensitivity/stability of this detector, unless the orig headphones were used or the Phase-tech audio lead for use with Koss or Sennheisser  headphones. Everything else sucked. Just my experience. 

IMG_20220812_171745[1].jpg

Yeah the 6000 & its headphones use aptX low-latency. Best case scenario with aptX LL is 40 ms latency. Not many devices implement this codec and few do it well, many are closer to 100ms latency than 40ms (50+ ms is unusable for realtime anything IMO). Non-LL aptX bluetooth latency is usually ~200ms, definitely unusable and laggy as hell.

The 6000 headphones implement this codec properly so they aren't laggy. This is a rarity, kudos to ML for doing it right.

Miners Den has clearly just made a deal on Alibaba for this product with no design input. 

Compare to the Quest wire-free kits. They use a totally different, lag-free wireless technology, good build quality and retail for less than this Miners Den kit. They also offer kits for 40% less that let you use your own headphones. Their devices are clearly designed by them for metal detecting, though I'm sure manufactured in Asia.

Miners Den has a reputation here for poor customer service and cash grabs like what this BT setup looks to be. I don't know anybody who has had a good experience with Miners Den. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, BrokeInBendigo said:

Yeah the 6000 & its headphones use aptX low-latency. Best case scenario with aptX LL is 40 ms latency. Not many devices implement this codec and few do it well, many are closer to 100ms latency than 40ms (50+ ms is unusable for realtime anything IMO). Non-LL aptX bluetooth latency is usually ~200ms, definitely unusable and laggy as hell.

The 6000 headphones implement this codec properly so they aren't laggy. This is a rarity, kudos to ML for doing it right.

Miners Den has clearly just made a deal on Alibaba for this product with no design input. 

Compare to the Quest wire-free kits. They use a totally different, lag-free wireless technology, good build quality and retail for less than this Miners Den kit. They also offer kits for 40% less that let you use your own headphones. Their devices are clearly designed by them for metal detecting, though I'm sure manufactured in Asia.

Miners Den has a reputation here for poor customer service and cash grabs like what this BT setup looks to be. I don't know anybody who has had a good experience with Miners Den. 

Thanks for all your input Bendi...... much appreciated.... I've been to the Sydney store (took a whole day on the train and buses to get to the Sydney store way out with the westies from where I was staying in Manly, lol) and the one outside of Bendigo and while the staff were awesome, have no experience with their products. 

11 hours ago, Jennifer said:

Thanks for all your input Bendi...... much appreciated.... I've been to the Sydney store (took a whole day on the train and buses to get to the Sydney store way out with the westies from where I was staying in Manly, lol) and the one outside of Bendigo and while the staff were awesome, have no experience with their products. 

I’m sure the individual employees are decent people, just the company policies which are lacking

• Like 1