Jump to content

Equinox 800 - Wet Sand Beach


Recommended Posts

Hi People,

I have serious doubts regarding equinox. In wet sand I don't find a single gold object. I dig everything above VDI 0. Do you mine gold below 0?

Settings:
Beach 1 or 2
recovery 6
Sensitivity 20-22
FE F2: 0

My beach attached, and my path line horizontal and vertical...(I found a lot of plumbs)

Best regards,

IMG_20220811_205904.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I'm sure that others will chime in here on your settings but here are my 2 cents. Sometimes you can be doing everything right and still not find gold. I have had hunts where I have dug several hundred targets and not found gold or even silver. I am not a fan of the "beach" modes and that is why I prefer to use my Excal or pulse machines around salt water. I don't usually dig TID's predominately below "0". If by "plumbs" you mean lead fishing weights then I would say that that is generally a good sign that you have the machine tuned right but do a lot of adults swim at that beach or is it mainly used by people fishing? Beach orientation, sand movement and timing are also important.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Compass said:

I'm sure that others will chime in here on your settings but here are my 2 cents. Sometimes you can be doing everything right and still not find gold. I have had hunts where I have dug several hundred targets and not found gold or even silver. I am not a fan of the "beach" modes and that is why I prefer to use my Excal or pulse machines around salt water. I don't usually dig TID's predominately below "0". If by "plumbs" you mean lead fishing weights then I would say that that is generally a good sign that you have the machine tuned right but do a lot of adults swim at that beach or is it mainly used by people fishing? Beach orientation, sand movement and timing are also important.

Hi,

yes is used by people swiming adults and childs.  I never thought about beach orientation. But in this photo the beach has the best condition because the waves washed a lot of sand, you can see rocks or shells that i only see 1 time per week maybe.

Best regards,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HellScript said:

Settings:
Beach 1 or 2
recovery 6
Sensitivity 20-22
FE F2: 0

Not doing anything wrong, but I would make some adjustments. 
> If you are in the regular Disc mode gold will NOT come in with negative numbers.
>If you're in solid wet sand contact, I would run beach 2 and your Iron Bias to the regular F-6 or 5. This will allow you to run a higher sensitivity setting. 
Try to always work your low tides. 

If you want to try something, use your horseshoe mode to listen to everything. It will go deeper than disc mode. If your target single rings solid 360, the target is nonferrous 95%, if the target double rings or breaks down on a 360 look is is ferrous.  GL, HH  

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, midalake said:

Not doing anything wrong, but I would make some adjustments. 
> If you are in the regular Disc mode gold will NOT come in with negative numbers.
>If you're in solid wet sand contact, I would run beach 2 and your Iron Bias to the regular F-6 or 5. This will allow you to run a higher sensitivity setting. 
Try to always work your low tides. 

If you want to try something, use your horseshoe mode to listen to everything. It will go deeper than disc mode. If your target single rings solid 360, the target is nonferrous 95%, if the target double rings or breaks down on a 360 look is is ferrous.  GL, HH  

 

Thanks,

I use all metal (horseshorte enabled) FE 00 e F2 00, 00 DISC.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes you just miss it. I watch a lot of detectorists swing and truthfully they are lucky to find anything. Their swings are more like a pendulum and rarely scrape the ground. Depth is an issue at the beach and your coil height may be a reason you miss the gold or any other deep object. The other issue on the beach is pace. If your step measures 24" and your coil is 11" and you're walking as you would normally you will miss targets. There will be a gap in your swing. When I detect the beach and get into a coin line or patch of targets I become the old man at the deli, I sample every piece of sand and shuffle oh so slow. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HellScript  

Unless there's an obvious cut .    I use that zig zag pattern like in your picture to find something good , then slow down(even more than my usual grandpa speed ) myself and recovery speed and spiral out to find if it had any friends. If not , I'll go parallel to the shore at the same point of the target to see if the waves have sorted things out for me....

AND  wherever you found lead ?   Grid , low+slow , punch the horseshoe , crank up the volume , clean tones  . 

(I yam a son of the beach)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hellscript

Have you found gold on this beach with other detectors?  If you have, I'm certain if you use the settings you stated you will find gold with the Equinox.

I noticed from your picture that you only worked 'the bottom' of 'the hill.'  When I zigzag a beach, I go most often up and down until I find a line and then I slow down and connect the dig holes or circle a find to see how far up and down my little patch will go.

As was suggested, the beach orientation is important based upon the most recent waves and tides.

I don't go back to some beaches if they don't produce and will go to a better beach if I have the time.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...