Equinox 800 - Beach Metal Detecting

HellScript

1 hour ago, HellScript said:

Hi,

Does anyone know if in wet sand, on the beach it is possible for gold to be hitting values below 0....? I don't take a single gold object with the nox in wet sand on the beach. Beach 1 or Beach 2.

BEst regards,

The lowest ID I ever got for a gold ring was a 1.20220812_084140.thumb.jpg.9cf92eff6acca586dc2702ee9d2561c5.jpg

There are those here that say deeper gold may be a negative number, but I don't get out to the beach all that much and have never found gold at a lower ID.

You'd have to dig it all to find out. Since my beach time is limited I focus more on pillage. 😀

• Like 2

I've seen fine gold chains that ID between 1 and 3.  Generally, gold in the single numbers will be very small to micro in size and will usually be a lot less common than the heavier gold targets that ID in the teens.

You should be using Beach 1.  Sensitivity as high as possible as long as it remains quiet.

There's no substitute for experience. We all learned by digging.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Badger-NH said:

I've seen fine gold chains that ID between 1 and 3.  Generally, gold in the single numbers will be very small to micro in size and will usually be a lot less common than the heavier gold targets that ID in the teens.

You should be using Beach 1.  Sensitivity as high as possible as long as it remains quiet.

There's no substitute for experience. We all learned by digging.

Thanks,

You use 2, 5 or 50 tones? Im trying to get a an average setting to use 😄

Best regards,

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

The lowest ID I ever got for a gold ring was a 1.20220812_084140.thumb.jpg.9cf92eff6acca586dc2702ee9d2561c5.jpg

There are those here that say deeper gold may be a negative number, but I don't get out to the beach all that much and have never found gold at a lower ID.

You'd have to dig it all to find out. Since my beach time is limited I focus more on pillage. 😀

Thanks for your tip 😄 best regards,

• Like 1

I use beach 1, sensitivity as high as I can get it. If the Equinox gets squirrelly as I get closer to the water or in the water, I switch to beach 2 and keep sensitivity as high as possible. Generally 22-24 for either one.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2022 at 10:39 AM, HellScript said:

Thanks,

You use 2, 5 or 50 tones? Im trying to get a an average setting to use 😄

Best regards,

I use 5 tones most of the time and occasionally 2. It's just a personal choice and doesn't affect depth.

I only use 50 tones on land in high iron trash situations and occasionally single tone with horseshoe on but most of the time I'm in 5 for relic hunting.

• Like 2

Some Beaches on The Southern California Coast has very  high Levels of Black sand, to where The Nox will give iron grunts on good Targets.

‘The Nox is still useable, must Operate it as  a PI Detector, you just need to dig all Targets including Iron. 

• Like 1