Let’s Bombard Minelab With Suggestions For GPX 6000 Update

Now that the Axiom is out and they plan on doing updates after user feedback within the first year, we should all send Minelab an email asking for an update to all our problems with the 6000 (and wants like Fe discrimination).  Its been a year and complete silence.  We have a big community here, maybe if we do that and include things like Steve offloading his (and he was a big part in the 6000), perhaps it will get their ass moving to do something.  If not we might be able to assume its a hardware failure and move on to the Axiom and tell them that reason in doing so!  

If you can type a post you can send an email.  Shouldn’t take longer than 15mins.  What do we have to lose!  😁😁

• Like 6

🙂

No, CTX first. They still sell it remember?

There are several things they could do to improve it.  They should take input and act on it. It can’t have a gold mode like the EQ??  If you intend to sell a detector for years - support it and keep the buzz going in the forums.

Also if you send them an email ask for a verification. Their server was junking mine due to the cox.net address.

Minelab is waiting for those who’s jumping ship and buying this new play toy will then come out with a update on the 6000 . It will be so hot 🥵 you can’t carry a chocolate candy bar in your top shirt pocket. 
 Then Minelab sales will go up because you that sold your 6000 wants back in the game again .

The above statement may vary from the truth but I do believe Minelab will do something. If nothing else come out with a 6500 .

Chuck 

• Like 6

How about a positive bomb?  Copy and paste, send to ML and the 2 coil manufacturers:

Dear to whom it may concern,

I want a DD Sadie for my 6K.

Sincerely,

(your name here) 🥰

• Like 3

It is a bit surprising to me there has been no update for the 6000 now that it has been out a year. I'm still not convinced the EMI issue is EMI at all, but perhaps an issue with Geosense going off the rails. I've had it occur in places where EMI simply was not the problem, could not have been the problem. People tend to tell me that's not possible, must have been sunspots, aurora borealis, UFOs, but I think not. I think there is something else going on, something a software update might fix. But nothing so far.

3 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Now that the Axiom is out and they plan on doing updates after user feedback within the first year

To set the record straight, Garrett has made no such promise, nor has any plan to do such, that I am aware of anyway. That was just me speculatively assuming such based on what I've observed so far. At the end of the day any updates will be driven by an actual need for an update, and if Axiom actually nails the landing on release, then there will be no need. But it's not a bad bet, as just about every detector ever made with an update capability, except the GPX 6000, has had at least one update after release.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Let’s Bombard Minelab With Suggestions For GPX 6000 Update

Minelab.com seems to have most of my city's IP's blocked for some reason, everything on Spectrum anyways. So, best I can do is just ask my magic 8-ball, it gave me this:

image.png.9cc0c27f9b7823262bc8fff545f42d0d.png

I also agree there is some kind of additional issue happening beyond just EMI. It's a stability issue. And it seems to happen when the control unit/Geosense/whatever gets overwhelmed with too much stimuli. Myself and others have been posting about it fairly regularly. ML is aware of it.

The 4500 had a somwhat similar type issue, stability related anyways, and had a total recall/main board replacement to solve it. Not even so much as an acknowledgement there is a problem with the 6000 though, let alone a fix on the horizon.

At some point it just becomes useless to pursue if there is a 2nd option to move to instead. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Minelab is a very stubborn company and in times past it didn't matter.  You want top performance, you pay for it and be happy we provide it to those who sell their 2nd truck.  But Minelab is not stupid (was not stupid) and so I feel they will make some kind of adjustment.  Will it be GPX-6000 upgrade?  Could be a GPZ-7000 in new sleek design?  I personally expect some promos to move inventory and then a price drop.  Realize, Minelab now has to answer to share holders, so after a couple quarters of slower sales than normal and things will shake up.

I too would enjoy a software update for my 6000.  What does my gut tell me, sell it today and run to the bank. Will I do it, not just yet.  In reality they have 4 options. 1st is a promo to get dealers to purchase as many as possible and give a few free extras. 2nd is to just drop the price, 3rd is a software upgrade and 4th is...do nothing.

From years past experience, yes you might get a Minelab big wig on a forum.  Of years recent, good luck.  Who know, they could prove me wrong.

• Like 2

Gerry  

When Minelab gives us a update you and Minelab both profit nothing from it . I believe Minelab has come up with improvements that could make a 6000 better than what it is now but why should they .

Now Minelab got all this new knowledge and if I was them I’d put it in what I’ll call 6500 . All the gold fever nuts will be saying I’ve got to have it. Oh I’m one of the nuttiest of the bunch.

It’s money to be made coming out with the 6500 for Minelab and dealers all the world 🌎 over.

Some may say my mama dropped me on my head several times but I say you will see what I said come true.

Chuck 

• Like 2

Minelab need to upgrade the 6000 with the obvious: A free lower stem lock. A manual frequency tune option, a threshold control option and a on-screen clock FFS. Maybe a partial refund for forcing owners to buy an aftermarket coil to make the whole detector function as intended. TBH, holding your breath for any of this will certainly result in death.....:unsure::laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1