Let’s Bombard Minelab With Suggestions For GPX 6000 Update

yea, their Ice cream containers aren't too tough and scratch insanely easily, Nugget Finder make heavy duty skid plates for both the stock 6000 coils which are much more durable, I don't know if you can get them where you are though?

11" Skid

https://www.minersden.com.au/nugget-finder-heavy-duty-gpx-6000-11-skid-plate

17x13" Skid

https://www.minersden.com.au/nugget-finder-heavy-duty-gpx-6000-17-x-13-coil-ski

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sourdough Scott said:

Well here is the gpx 6000 17" elliptical skidplate. This was a brand new coil. I put about 4 hours on it on Saturday. I keep my coil low, but I don't grind it. The plastic is so soft, you can gouge it with your fingernail. 

20220816_120141.jpg

You could do this to help preserve it:0A0FC773-3526-4C03-9224-1A6A022FB438.thumb.jpeg.8c925dd5d1c16edcde0f069d3f2755de.jpeg1AD0D6EF-C70A-455B-829B-3FA5C9921B54.thumb.jpeg.2d86e6bd1c94be4fbf242e8ec344386f.jpegRobert’s Detectors idea with 10mil pipe wrap tape. First full day out including scraping drywasher piles, etc. Much better than duct tape as it doesn’t get sticky and leave gunk even in 100 degree F heat in full sun.

• Like 2

And maybe also send the receipt for the pipe wrap tape to Minelab for a reimbursement?  😁

• Haha 3

On 8/15/2022 at 1:16 PM, Goldseeker5000 said:

I have heard there is an 8000 in testing phase with Minelab. I was also told that a full power 8000 cannot be sold in the states because it messes with airplane instruments. So the states will receive a reduced power model. From what I was told it is an amazing machine. 

Its been in the hands of ML techs and field testers for over a year now. 

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

Nugget Finder make heavy duty skid plates for both the stock 6000 coils which are much more durable, I don't know if you can get them where you are though?

A mate has bought one and although its much tougher ABS plastic, they tend to sag at the bottom :unsure:

Just now, Aureous said:

A mate has bought one and although its much tougher ABS plastic, they tend to sag at the bottom :unsure:

Probably tried to stick with the super light theme of the GPX and made it too thin to support its own weight.  While this lightweight stuff maybe good for some reasons it is not compatible with durability.   From what I've seen most people seem happy with the NF heavy duty skid plates, I have one for my Equinox which is working out well for me, I haven't bought one for my GPX 6000 stock coil for obvious reasons so I can't speak from personal experience with it, I do like their skid plates for other coils though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aureous said:

Its been in the hands of ML techs and field testers for over a year now. 

Field testers?! You mean like Gerry?  Hold the orders, Axioms are out of date already! The new ins are the 8000s! 🤩🤩🤩

By the way, where’d he go anyways?🤔 Hope he didn’t choke on one of those 8000 nuggets!😉

1 hour ago, afreakofnature said:

Anybody get any responses from Minelab?  I have not

I did, they want me to purchase a bunch of gold detector.

• Haha 7