Let’s Bombard Minelab With Suggestions For GPX 6000 Update

28 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

To set the record straight, Garrett has made no such promise, nor has any plan to do such, that I am aware of anyway. That was just me speculatively assuming such based on what I've observed so far. At the end of the day any updates will be driven by an actual need for an update

Reminds me of why I left my last relationship, kept hoping for love that was expected but never came, better off single and KNOWING you're alone...... I digress... I'd rather have this "we don't promise any updates" and them to maybe push one if needed than to be sold on upgradeability and possible new features (or maybe push a GPS GUI that ISN'T from 1985) like on the Zed....

Minelab is a very stubborn company and in times past it didn't matter.  You want top performance, you pay for it and be happy we provide it to those who sell their 2nd truck.  But Minelab is not stupid (was not stupid) and so I feel they will make some kind of adjustment.  Will it be GPX-6000 upgrade?  Could be a GPZ-7000 in new sleek design?  I personally expect some promos to move inventory and then a price drop.  Realize, Minelab now has to answer to share holders, so after a couple quarters of slower sales than normal and things will shake up.

I too would enjoy a software update for my 6000.  What does my gut tell me, sell it today and run to the bank. Will I do it, not just yet.  In reality they have 4 options. 1st is a promo to get dealers to purchase as many as possible and give a few free extras. 2nd is to just drop the price, 3rd is a software upgrade and 4th is...do nothing.

From years past experience, yes you might get a Minelab big wig on a forum.  Of years recent, good luck.  Who know, they could prove me wrong.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Minelab is a very stubborn company and in times past it didn't matter.  You want top performance, you pay for it and be happy we provide it to those who sell their 2nd truck. 

Yea, but sadly over the years, we're not seeing that top performance we're paying for.

• Like 2

Gerry  

When Minelab gives us a update you and Minelab both profit nothing from it . I believe Minelab has come up with improvements that could make a 6000 better than what it is now but why should they .

Now Minelab got all this new knowledge and if I was them I’d put it in what I’ll call 6500 . All the gold fever nuts will be saying I’ve got to have it. Oh I’m one of the nuttiest of the bunch.

It’s money to be made coming out with the 6500 for Minelab and dealers all the world 🌎 over.

Some may say my mama dropped me on my head several times but I say you will see what I said come true.

Chuck 

• Like 2

Minelab need to upgrade the 6000 with the obvious: A free lower stem lock. A manual frequency tune option, a threshold control option and a on-screen clock FFS. Maybe a partial refund for forcing owners to buy an aftermarket coil to make the whole detector function as intended. TBH, holding your breath for any of this will certainly result in death.....:unsure::laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Minelab need to upgrade the 6000 with the obvious: A free lower stem lock. A manual frequency tune option, a threshold control option and a on-screen clock FFS. Maybe a partial refund for forcing owners to buy an aftermarket coil to make the whole detector function as intended. TBH, holding your breath for any of this will certainly result in death.....:unsure::laugh:

And a prepaid shipping box to ship the POS back to Minelab where it came from.. sorry... couldn't resist... It cost me over $100.00 just in gas alone to get my defective out of the box one sorted away (numerous trips to Vegas).

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I'm still not convinced the EMI issue is EMI at all, but perhaps an issue with Geosense going off the rails. I've had it occur in places where EMI simply was not the problem, could not have been the problem. 

My problem with the 6 was air traffic mainly, nothing a person couldn't work around but it was annoying and why I parted with it.  I'd get a bump in threshold and start doing sweeps to find a possible target, machine starts to get a little erratic, THEN I'd start to suspect air traffic and sure as shit, here comes the plane.  So now I'd have to set the machine down, light a smoke, listen to machine going wacko then listen to the machine start to settle back down as I watch and listen to plane/jet leave my airspace. Machine settles back down after 2-3minutes then resume hunting until the next plane.  Not all planes upset the 6 but most did?  Some days were BAD and I've counted approx 25+ fly overs.  Talked with a few others that claimed aircraft not a big problem with their 6's...???  Whatever...my experience only and don't have to worry about it now.....  In between planes I was impressed with the machine and had zero problems.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Minelab is a very stubborn company and in times past it didn't matter.  You want top performance, you pay for it and be happy we provide it to those who sell their 2nd truck.  But Minelab is not stupid (was not stupid) and so I feel they will make some kind of adjustment.  Will it be GPX-6000 upgrade?  Could be a GPZ-7000 in new sleek design?  I personally expect some promos to move inventory and then a price drop.  Realize, Minelab now has to answer to share holders, so after a couple quarters of slower sales than normal and things will shake up.

I too wold enjoy a software update for my 6000.  What does my gut tell me, sell it today and run to the bank. Will I do it, not just yet.  In reality they have 4 options. 1st is a promo to get dealers to purchase as many as possible and give a few free extras. 2nd is to just drop the price, 3rd is a software upgrade and 4th is...do nothing.

From years past experience, yes you might get a Minelab big wig on a forum.  Of years recent, good luck.  Who know, they could prove me wrong.

I also wanted to sell my 6k early last week to save up for a Axiom and even posted it on EBay for auction starting at $5k, but then decided to keep it. Then others started selling theirs for less.  Anyways, Im glad I didn’t sell it. With the going price at $4500 now, with the 13% fee EBay charges and shipping and all, I figure my take home would have been less than $3800 for the detector with all my accessories.  What a shame to lose all that after less than 1 year of use!!

Anyways, that’s why I went with a Coiltek 10x5 instead…. there’s plenty of good use left in it along with at least 2 more years of warranty.

• Like 3

If an aftermarket coil fixes the stability problems then at the very least Minelab should be responsible for covering the cost of the coil required to fix their own problem.

• Like 6