Let’s Bombard Minelab With Suggestions For GPX 6000 Update

32 minutes ago, goldchaser said:

It's a no go,the arm cuff is bonded to the shaft,looked at that but i can't see a way to unbond it safely...

I was afraid of that. So besides other coils, I guess we can’t easily use custom rods for it either.  It looked pretty solidly inserted into the box/cuff.

I am going to try out some o-rings, I think they may help when you tighten up the lock ring…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GotAU? said:

I was afraid of that. So besides other coils, I guess we can’t easily use custom rods for it either.  It looked pretty solidly inserted into the box/cuff.

I am going to try out some o-rings, I think they may help when you tighten up the lock ring…

I hate them twist locks gotau

Early in the game i bought bits and pieces to fix ours up hopefully,i ended up finding a supplier overseas but i had to buy in bulk,im a prospector,i didn't want to be selling products in this game,buying in bulk i had no choice though,i'll post a link below,it's a good setup,there on ebay or available through Finders Keepers in Kalgoorlie WA.

If you can source clamps and suitable yokes it's easy done,carbon tube is readily available anywhere online,the cam lock clamps are the tough ones to find,if you look at my ebay listing you can get the jist of how to go about it.

Im not here to sell,it's ended up this way by default really,quite a few in oz have swapped them over,big improvement,cutting the old ferrule off is the biggest hurdle...

Yes o rings might help,give it a go.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/175362680247?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0&ssspo=TZ_np61lTXu&sssrc=2051273&ssuid=TZ_np61lTXu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, goldchaser said:

Im not here to sell,it's ended up this way by default really,quite a few in oz have swapped them over,big improvement,cutting the old ferrule off is the biggest hurdle...

I'm expecting to receive one of these kits next week. I'll let everyone know what I think of it. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Aureous said:

I'm expecting to receive one of these kits next week. I'll let everyone know what I think of it. 

Hope ya happy with it aureous,let us know good or bad.

Probably lose a cuppla sales here but if you want to chase the bits up yourself i think teleknox in england have the clamps available and you can use an old gpx yoke,it is just slightly wider then the 6000 yoke,whether long term it might crack the coil ears im not sure,the equinox yoke is the correct width...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have heard there is an 8000 in testing phase with Minelab. I was also told that a full power 8000 cannot be sold in the states because it messes with airplane instruments. So the states will receive a reduced power model. From what I was told it is an amazing machine. 

• Like 1

This person was in Australia with the guys testing it. 

1 hour ago, goldchaser said:

I hate them twist locks gotau

Early in the game i bought bits and pieces to fix ours up hopefully,i ended up finding a supplier overseas but i had to buy in bulk,im a prospector,i didn't want to be selling products in this game,buying in bulk i had no choice though,i'll post a link below,it's a good setup,there on ebay or available through Finders Keepers in Kalgoorlie WA.

If you can source clamps and suitable yokes it's easy done,carbon tube is readily available anywhere online,the cam lock clamps are the tough ones to find,if you look at my ebay listing you can get the jist of how to go about it.

Yes o rings might help,give it a go.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/175362680247?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0&ssspo=TZ_np61lTXu&sssrc=2051273&ssuid=TZ_np61lTXu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Just read that applying heat with a hair dryer softens the glue on the Equinox clamps to remove them, have you tried doing that with the 6000 ferrule? May be easier and cleaner than cutting a graphite rod- that scares me from a  previous experience!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

I have heard there is an 8000 in testing phase with Minelab. I was also told that a full power 8000 cannot be sold in the states because it messes with airplane instruments. So the states will receive a reduced power model. From what I was told it is an amazing machine. 

Interesting indeed- the tables have been turned in the Minelab vs. the Airplanes interference war!  And when it becomes available for the dealers to demonstrate online, there will be some used Axiom deals out there! 😉

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

Just read that applying heat with a hair dryer softens the glue on the Equinox clamps to remove them, have you tried doing that with the 6000 ferrule? May be easier and cleaner than cutting a graphite rod- that scares me from a  previous experience!

It would work for sure id say but the 6000 twist lock ferrule has a locating tab on it,even if you can break the bond it won't slide off,has to be split,but in saying that it must be fitted by sliding it on,maybe break the bond then pliers on the ferrule to deform it slightly to slide off? haven't tried that...

Does the equinox clamps have a locating tab?

47 minutes ago, goldchaser said:

It would work for sure id say but the 6000 twist lock ferrule has a locating tab on it,even if you can break the bond it won't slide off,has to be split,but in saying that it must be fitted by sliding it on,maybe break the bond then pliers on the ferrule to deform it slightly to slide off? haven't tried that...

Does the equinox clamps have a locating tab?

I am not sure about a locating tab on the Equinox - I’ll try when I can locate some clamps here in the US.

• Like 1