Thought This Test Was Interesting With The Equinox

The Equinox w/6" coil in Beach 1 mode, will not hit this small piece of foil but will hit the 10k gold piece.

In my fresh water beaches I would not hunt in Beach 1 mode. On land, Beach mode could be good for jewelry hunting and getting some small jewelry while eliminating the small foil.

I don't know how well Beach 1 mode is on gold earring studs.

Still thought it was interesting. I haven't tried it on land.

Sensitivity 22, 2 tone, Tone break 0, F2 0 and recovery 4.

Gold.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I have had good success with Beach mode on my Anfibio Multi hunting difficult Inland sites. The conductivity of saltwater & foil are very close. Using this to advantage is a good "outside the box" technique. It also helps on wet rusty ground. It is probably even more effective with the 800's SMF. I haven't used it much on The Legend yet but will if we ever get some rain.

• Like 3

Beach mode has a different gb range and because small gold is so close to the salt range it won't pick up. If it did your machine would be unstable and chatty in the salt.

On the MK and Anfibio have a beach mode which gb range offset and optimized for salt. It is a 2 tone mode and default settings don't work well around here. I kicked the gain to 89, turned off the default disc range that trimmed out to 14 and may run it only to 4 tops with iron audio on low. I also kicked up the isat and tend to run that upwards of 6 which really quiets the machine down. Beach hunting I do I mostly use either gen, 2 tone or 3 tone and manually ground balance. I have been able to get descent depth even with 19khz.

Fresh water wouldn't you use park 1?

• Like 2

Fresh water I would Park 2. It's very sensitive to gold.

• Like 3

What I don't like about salt modes on machines is there is a point between the dry and wet sand where ground balance is in between, too high for salt and too low for dry sand. Machines with manual ground balance are easier for me to fine tune that in between. I use Gen mode in those areas so I can tell what the ground is doing.

Of course your a bit further away from the salt 🙂

24 minutes ago, kac said:

What I don't like about salt modes on machines is there is a point between the dry and wet sand where ground balance is in between, too high for salt and too low for dry sand. Machines with manual ground balance are easier for me to fine tune that in between. I use Gen mode in those areas so I can tell what the ground is doing.

Of course your a bit further away from the salt 🙂

The salt beach modes on Equinox, Deus 2, and Legend (Apex doesn't have tracking) utilize Simultaneous Multifrequency and ground tracking engaged with salt sensitivity features (either manual (Deus 2) or automatic (Equinox)) to smooth out that wet salt to damp/dry sand transition point without having to fiddle with settings and with minimal impact to target sensitivity loss other than the mid-conductive micro targets near the salt GB reference point that get zeroed out anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

The salt beach modes on Equinox, Deus 2, and Legend (Apex doesn't have tracking) utilize Simultaneous Multifrequency and ground tracking engaged with salt sensitivity features (either manual (Deus 2) or automatic (Equinox)) to smooth out that wet salt to damp/dry sand transition point without having to fiddle with settings and with minimal impact to target sensitivity loss other than the mid-conductive micro targets near the salt GB reference point that get zeroed out anyway.

I noticed this yesterday hunting a beach with the Deus 2, I was on the XY screen and saw the GB jumping from 92 to 95 instead of the usual 87. 👍 Must be imported red clay beach sand from Culpeper. 🤔🤣

• Like 2

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I noticed this yesterday hunting a beach with the Deus 2, I was on the XY screen and saw the GB jumping from 92 to 95 instead of the usual 87. 👍 Must be imported red clay beach sand from Culpeper. 🤔🤣

You were probably hitting pockets of black sand. Turning on Tracking GB would probably take care of that.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Thought This Test Was Interesting With The Equinox