Does This Photo Show The Future Of Detecting

The GPZ update detector next year may well focus (or partially provide provision for) those deeper multi gram or multi ounce pieces. But for now, the tiny, more prevalent gold is what we have to be content with.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aureous said:

The GPZ update detector next year may well focus (or partially provide provision for) those deeper multi gram or multi ounce pieces. But for now, the tiny, more prevalent gold is what we have to be content with.

Hope so, lol maybe I'll wait a year! 😆

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jasong said:

This picture just gave me an idea. If I get rich and famous I'm going to make a few 12 gauge shells full of solid gold pellets and go reseed the goldfields like some sort of modern Johnny Appleseed. 

Be careful there Johnny. Next thing, you’ll be wishing you had the Midas touch and will really be regretting it soon afterwards! 😄

• Like 1

If my pellet to gold ratio was anywhere near that persons I'd be happy!

I don't think detecting has much of a future at all, gold almost gone, old coins nearly gone, new coins not being used anymore as everyone pays electronically, jewellery more often than not these days is cheap costume junk as people don't value it like they used to.

What are we going to be detecting for when only the junk will be left.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Oh my! 1

Yea, if I lived in Europe I'd have a vastly different view I think, times ticking here though.  I'd struggle to get excited about relics unless they were very old like some of those finds they get in Europe.  I'd really like to find some of their old coins too.  The other thing I'd like to find are meteorites, they replenish, sometimes 🙂

• Like 2

Erosion is never ending…..some of it is slow and some of it is fast.

There have been areas in the Western Australia goldfields where ex Cyclones pass through and dump a couple of feet of rain in a day……I have seen areas that I know well get completely transformed by moving water that just needs a little elevated topography to shift millions of tons of soil………potentially exposing huge areas of gold bearing ground to an eager detectorist 👍

……..I have optimism always when looking for gold 🤞

……..and a good ☂ 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Simon I feel sorry for you. After I get to NZ on my cruise in Nov. there will not be any gold left, but the buckshot I will leave for you😀. So book a detecting trip to the Old Country to find your just deserves. 🤩 

• Haha 4