Amazed At How Quickly White’s Discussion Faded

Was a huge White's fan for years and owned many of their machines. Anytime I had a question just call Jimmy (Sr) no problem as he loved to talk detectors and nugget shooting.  Then  he and White's had a falling out (pretty sure his knuckle head son had something to do with that) which seemed like the beginning of the slide for White's.  Tried calling Sweet Home several times after words and was rewarded with crappy condescending customer service or flat-out lies. 

Decided to keep one White's detector (Sierra Gold Trac),  mainly as a reminder of all the great conversations I had with Jimmy. 

As for the White's forum,  I vote the bone yard

• Like 2

Would all previous posts be archived?  Or tossed?  

I still love my White's detectors... 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, chiil said:

Would all previous posts be archived?  Or tossed?  

I still love my White's detectors... 

I’m confident all content is preserved…..text and pics/videos 👍

I’m looking for any excuse to keep my two showroom condition White’s detectors…….not that I need an excuse.

How could I ever part with this classic beauty and her 4 coils🥺

ADFD37F9-D3AD-4A8B-8D88-B02AB64E2358.jpeg

or the newer MX7……one of the best VLF machines from White’s just before they folded 😞

AB4DBF63-03B5-42BA-8069-F4C89FD59A2C.jpeg

• Like 7

I wanted to mention that in my humble opinion, I am of the belief that White’s “did audio” better than anyone else. Maybe it’s just my ear but the lows and highs (and everything in between) just sounded rich and detailed to me. Even the newer MX7 has that great Whites sound. Discrimination, especially with Concentric coils was killer as well.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2022 at 11:31 AM, Tony said:

If I had a preference on where to merge then it would be in the Compass/Tesoro section

Actually, I’ve changed my mind.

White’s deserves its own single forum preserved forever.

I think they were the greatest metal detector company ever. Yes, they lost their way a bit towards the end and forces beyond their control 🇨🇳 contributed to their demise.

Greatness never lasts forever.

But I can understand Steve’s view and that the tidying up and backend work running a popular website is necessary.

• Like 3

Still own the MXT All Pro, but I vote graveyard! Can always visit!!😞👍👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

Still own the MXT All Pro, but I vote graveyard! Can always visit!!😞👍👍

I hate visiting Graveyards…..😳

But when I’m long gone from this world, I’ll still be reaching for my White’s.

3CE559DB-3B0A-4D0A-AA7C-4A6C8DB28FCD.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I'm with Tony on this one 

12 hours ago, Tony said:

White’s deserves its own single forum preserved forever

I do however understand Steve's perspective too.  My second choice would be to leave the forum as-is for one more year before it is transferred to the graveyard.  

I would hoped by now Garrett would of rebadged A cheaper & lighter V3i & TRX pin-pointer …….Think they would of sold a boat load of them …..oh well ….R.I.P Whites 

• Like 1

It’s no big deal to me at all really. I’m quite busy the next few months, so will just let it be. People do get busy in summer, so maybe it will pick back up in the winter. Anyone wanting it to stay, send your White’s buddies here, and post about something. I’ll basically leave it be until two months go by in a row without a new thread. Until that happens, I’ll not give it further thought. But if the time comes and it does move, it will be to join Compass, Tesoro, and others in the Hall of Fame (no graveyard here :smile:)

Thanks everyone for the solid feedback!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2