Amazed At How Quickly White’s Discussion Faded

It’s no big deal to me at all really. I’m quite busy the next few months, so will just let it be. People do get busy in summer, so maybe it will pick back up in the winter. Anyone wanting it to stay, send your White’s buddies here, and post about something. I’ll basically leave it be until two months go by in a row without a new thread. Until that happens, I’ll not give it further thought. But if the time comes and it does move, it will be to join Compass, Tesoro, and others in the Hall of Fame (no graveyard here :smile:)

Thanks everyone for the solid feedback!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I was recently chatting to Carl Moreland re evaluating the TDI for mods as a single channel deepseeking gold hunter detector....mainly for multi-gram up to multi ounce sized gold at max possible depth using big mono, DD and CC coils. Surprisingly, he had already crunched the pulse train numbers and is happy to supply them. He is also working on a variance of pulse train concept that may add an extra degree of performance. So, maybe not all Whites are for the graveyard just yet....

• Like 4

To clarify on Aureous' post, I modified a TDI to test out an idea I had, it was a lot easier than trying to mod an Impulse. To do this I had to write new micro code from scratch. The idea worked but needs more effort. The code includes a switch to exactly replicate the original TDI timing and I sent a few chips to someone with a bunch of dead TDIs but he says the chips were acting squirrely so, again, needs more work.

• Like 4

Out of Respect, for Whites Long History as often the leader in performance in multiple markets and multiple decades, I don't think it is appropriate to Disrespect that history by lumping them in with defunct companies that had far less impact on the industry.  Out of Respect they should have their own archive.

What I want to know is -- WHY, did Garrett buy the company if they are not going to do anything with them.?

I would like to know how much they spent for the company?  It is hard to believe they purchased the company just for the 24K.  Whites would have been better off if someone else purchased it.  I would have preferred it be bought by a group of Enthusiast and maybe Enthusiastic Engineers.  Perhaps that could still happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Knomad said:

Out of Respect, for Whites Long History as often the leader in performance in multiple markets and multiple decades, I don't think it is appropriate to Disrespect that history by lumping them in with defunct companies that had far less impact on the industry.  Out of Respect they should have their own archive.

What I want to know is -- WHY, did Garrett buy the company if they are not going to do anything with them.?

I would like to know how much they spent for the company?  It is hard to believe they purchased the company just for the 24K.  Whites would have been better off if someone else purchased it.  I would have preferred it be bought by a group of Enthusiast and maybe Enthusiastic Engineers.  Perhaps that could still happen.

How do you know that the 24K is the only thing that Garrett used from Whites? Let's see, there was the Ace APEX which had simultaneous multi frequency tech that came from somewhere, and the new Axiom has some different and enhanced technology that didn't just come from the Infinium and the ATX. Where could some of the SMF technology for Garrett's SMF AT series that we all know will be happening eventually be coming from????? Just my opinion, but it's a possibility.

• Like 3

And do not forget to mention that many dealers who sold White's gear at their time didn't sell Garrett's gear. NOW they are selling Garrett. Think out of the box & global.

• Like 2