A Nice Surprise At An Old Settlement

That's a great relic hunt. The Deus 2 worked good. You will have more IH's coming your way.

• Like 1

Nice story Cap'n. 👍

Maybe that place was cherry picked for silver, but you got a lot of good 19th century relics nonetheless. The disc to the left of the IHP looks interesting. 🤔

One of my permissions has a person who is well versed in local history and gossip. It's a blast to listen to him. 

• Like 1

Excellent report.  You can't get much better site info than from a person who actually grew up in a ghost town, having lived there not long after it was abandoned.  And you made his day, too.

I don't like Zincolns, but when in a site that might have IH's, it's pretty much a must to dig a Zincoln signal, as you were rewarded for doing.  I hope you can get back there because there has to be more good stuff still in the ground.

• Like 1

Great hunting with some very nice finds, that IH looks to be in great condition for it's age.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice story Cap'n. 👍

Maybe that place was cherry picked for silver, but you got a lot of good 19th century relics nonetheless. The disc to the left of the IHP looks interesting. 🤔

One of my permissions has a person who is well versed in local history and gossip. It's a blast to listen to him. 

Thanks, F350. The disc and corroded disc are iron and I couldn't make out any marking on them. I have no idea what they are.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Thanks, F350. The disc and corroded disc are iron and I couldn't make out any marking on them. I have no idea what they are.

Maybe my brain is trying to make something out of them, if they have a tab they could be electrical box punch outs, maybe they're slugs for an early vending machine 😀 looks like the whole one has a pattern.

Had to laugh at what I call the ever present "butt cream" tube, in sites like that they're all over the place. 🤣

Imagine using the barbed wire as a bracelet... 😖

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice hunt!  I'd say you've only scratched the surface, and if you're digging IHP's there's bound to be silver there and with it's colorful history, perhaps gold coins are in the cards 🙂

• Oh my! 1