Axiom + Micronox = Near Perfect Pair?

I am a big fan of that combo.  Hope to get to use it soon.

I may throw the 24K (absolutely love its audio) or the Legend (water hunting) in sometimes too. 

My Deus 2 is also about to go bye, bye............Just doesn't fit my needs as much as the Equinox and Legend.

• Like 5

If I didn't know better I'd think the Axiom is a VLF, such a long way they've come with miniaturizing PI detectors.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, phrunt said:

If I didn't know better I'd think the Axiom is a VLF, such a long way they've come with miniaturizing PI detectors.

The Axiom actually weighs exactly one pound less than a CTX 3030 if the Axiom is outfitted with the 11" x 7" mono. So yeah, just like swinging a VLF... or less!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I am a big fan of that combo.  Hope to get to use it soon.

I may throw the 24K (absolutely love its audio) or the Legend (water hunting) in sometimes too. 

My Deus 2 is also about to go bye, bye............Just doesn't fit my needs as much as the Equinox and Legend.

For now my 24K stays just in case I want to chase the tiniest bits, but I have to admit I do not use it often. If I'm hunting gold, I generally swing a PI. The one that I have to keep is my DFX with Bigfoot coil, as there is nothing really like it for what it does. So right now I am at four keepers, but that might go to three. Can't see two really happening though.

• Like 3

It's nice to see your gear used list now dominated by Garrett Steve, it's really refreshing to see some REAL competition in the market.  In my opinion the 24k is the best dedicated prospecting VLF machine on the market, at least out of the ones I've got which is virtually all but the Nokta's I guess.  The same for pinpointers, I've got just about everything except the Nokta's although I did order a Pulse Dive today and I always find myself going back to the trusty Garrett AT, it's always been my  favourite.  

The Axiom seems like a very competitive high end gold detector so Garrett is well and truly in the game now, they just need to get their AT Pro/Max/Gold multi freaker to market based off and improved upon their entry level Apex design and they'll be really fighting hard.  Maybe one day in the future you'll be replacing your MicroNox with a Micro-AT Multi that doesn't need modifications to be your dream detector and be a total Garrett man, as even at a stretch your Whites DFX is a Garrett now 🙂

By the looks of it now is the time to update the Steve's Guide to Gold Nugget Detectors, it's a bit dated now and even the 6000 entry could use a few amendments I think, I am sure many Google searches bring people to that to help assist with their detecting purchase decisions.  I often point people to it.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Here is my dynamic duo.

Looks like a great combo, but is the Micronox the 800 or 600 version. People want to know.

The 800 is the reason I haven't upgraded to something else yet, that and still learning it. I have found that it suits my needs quite well where I do take it and find almost everything that I have wanted to find so far. I have not taken it under water yet because I don 't want a leak to happen.

I also like the 10 x 5 coil on it for the creeks that I hunt gold in as it does a nice job finding the areas to set up and pan or sluice at.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

although I did order a Pulse Dive today and I always find myself going back to the trusty Garrett AT

I don't think you'll regret buying the PulseDive.. Although it's a bit chunky, it's a great pinpointer in its own right.. and it's got the bonus of coil options, turning your pinpoiter into a handy little detector..   

• Like 3

Weights on my postal scale as pictured:

Axiom 4 lbs 3.7 oz / 1.92 kg

Micronox 2 lbs 14.2 oz / 1.31 kg

Together 7 lbs 1.9 oz or 7.12 lbs / 3.23 kg

Axiom $3995 + Equinox 800 $999 + Coiltek 5x10 coil $235 + Micronox Conversion Rod $117 (with shipping) = $5346 Grand Total for MicroAxiNox :smile:

• Like 9