Axiom + Micronox = Near Perfect Pair?

12 hours ago, Chet said:

My foldable version of the Equinox 800.

Foldable model.jpg

Yeah, folding version of same one I linked to in my last post. Same price, $117 shipped. I prefer the durability/simplicity of less parts myself, but that version is even more compact for stowing, that's for sure. For completeness, here is the link for the non-folding version also.

• Like 3

Top stuff, another Micronox mods ordered, Many Thanks Steve.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

How would one go about trying to build MicroVanquish, I wonder?

Opps, I just found this link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373959570273

I imagine that's the most viable option?  Don't know how to get it in Thailand at a reasonable cost (shipping and duties will likely at least double the price...)

Is it worth it though?  I'd love to make the Vanquish smaller when packed.  I imagine those shafts are sturdy and well made?

On 8/16/2022 at 2:33 PM, Norvic said:

Top stuff, another Micronox mods ordered, Many Thanks Steve.

Well that was quick the shaft is in Cairns FNQ OZ waiting for me.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 8/15/2022 at 10:45 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Yeah, folding version of same one I linked to in my last post. Same price, $117 shipped. I prefer the durability/simplicity of less parts myself, but that version is even more compact for stowing, that's for sure. For completeness, here is the link for the non-folding version also.

Hello Steve,

Leaving to go sniping on July 21st and was wanting to make a Micronox™ to take up the river to snipe & crevice with. What's your thought on submerging this shaft in the river... Im bound to get some silt or sand in something. Probably 50% sniping & 50% dry detecting on the banks/crevices.

Also, for this task, do you recommend the ML 6" coil or the Coiltek 5x9 coil.

Thanks

Both good questions. I am leery of sand and silt in a telescoping rod, but based on nothing but sand and grit getting in my old ATX shaft being an annoyance. Only way to know for sure is give it a go. As far as the coil a case could be made for either. I’d lean 6” round personally for that extra small gold punch, but maybe that pointy nose on the elliptical would be useful in crevices? If the goal is to cover lots of bedrock as opposed to methodically hunting small areas, the larger coil again would be an advantage.

minelab-equinox-custom-telescoping-carbon-rod-herschbach.jpg

• Like 3