A Good Panning Lesson For Beginners

• The title was changed to A Good Panning Lesson For Beginners

With a metal pan, too.  This guy is a natural teacher.  He not only explains what to do, but why to do it.  When I understand the why, it helps me remember the what, and then when I'm performing a task I can self-correct, if necessary.  Excellent instructional video!  (Still going to take me a lot of practice to get half as good as he is on the finishing.  40 years experience is hard to reproduce.)

• Like 2

That is the same way my grandfather taught me how to pan.

It works very well and I have always found gold in the pan if I had good dirt in it.

• Like 1

Instructive.  Hilarious.   

“Never, never, never, never, never…”  

“They wash 1 grain every 45 minutes…”  🤣

Haven’t seen the wobble technique before (towards the end of the vid). 

• 7 months later...

With a metal pan, too.  This guy is a natural teacher.  He not only explains what to do, but why to do it.  When I understand the why, it helps me remember the what, and then when I'm performing a task I can self-correct, if necessary.  Excellent instructional video!  (Still going to take me a lot of practice to get half as good as he is on the finishing.  40 years experience is hard to reproduce.) It is difficult to find a good teacher whose reviews among professionals will be equally good. But this is exactly the case when you can watch the best training videos. I often see disputes among professionals, I recently read an essay comparing LeBron and Jordan https://samplius.com/free-essay-examples/the-g-o-a-t-debate-lebron-james-is-better-than-michael-jordan/ Many sports professionals have expressed many criticisms of both athletes. For me it was amazing because when a player becomes a professional, he should be worthy of respect. But what about this guy, all the professionals say that he is the best teacher and it attracted me to study his materials. 

He also noticed that he is a cool teacher, rarely anyone explains why something needs to be done. Usually they just give recommendations, but do not explain why.

• Like 1

I started with a metal pan just like that back in 61 . The pans we have today is only way to go because of the ruffles being the metal ones didn’t have any. The shaking back and forth is called stratification. A big word for a simple thing to do.

Chuck 

• Like 4

Great quote … “wow, and it’s just that easy.”

thanks for sharing, I like his rotating the  very last part to save it while cleaning out the gravel.

If I where tecknoelogiclee adept I would post a video of all the faults with this gentleman's method and I'll be danged if I would wear a costume while doing it. He does get Klunker credits for using a steel pan. 

Mr. Ridge Runner; Sir. I hereby challenge you to a duel on my claim at sunrise, using the gold pans of choice at 20 paces. We can spend the rest of the day detecting.

This post should put me slightly ahead in the "Grumpy Old Miners" contest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3