I Sure Miss Minelab Treasure Talk

3 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

😑My 6th graders agree with you! 😉

I'm like 38th grade or something now, and I agree too. 😄

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, jasong said:

I think they got rid of it after the staff shakeup at Minelab.

They talked to me once about doing it. It was only $50 though, but at the time I could make 2-10x as much doing the same thing in a video where you have 100% creative control and can say anything you want, so I never did one because there was no point.

Thanks for the detailed response Jason......

When I was at the dealers conference, I believe it was 2016 or 2017, the one where they secret squirrel released the Gold Monster (and Doc won a free one) there was an engineer there who asked me the same thing, it wasn't Candy but another one, real funny guy, total geek and he knew it... he asked if I wanted to write articles, I said I'd give it some thought but didn't really feel I was in the same league or had anything of value to add, but it was flattering to hear the invite. It's a shame it's slowed down, it REALLY was a great place for serious tech stuff like what JP sent me about X on the Zed...  

Sigh, that's ok I guess.... @Steve Herschbach's basically turned this site into a HUGE "Treasure Talk" with equally high intelligence information so I guess you're all stuck with me... LOL

Edited by Jennifer
Changed developers conference to dealers conference... LOL, how can you tell I work in the software industry.

If you want to be a detect-spurt this is the key to your application.

772299082_sociallinks.thumb.jpg.dfbff8d6ffc83ddcc1c51692bfe1da25.jpg

They're there for marketing purposes.  Not the original intent of Treasure talks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I linked to it. Here it is again. Many of their links are dead though, so they don't seem to keep up with their Detexperts at all to see what they are doing, if anything. Really, it's just a link exchange program, dressed up with photos and tshirts.

Oh Detectexperts, not spurts....  @phrunt ya goof... LOL, thanks @Steve Herschbach

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, phrunt said:

If you want to be a detect-spurt this is the key to your application.

772299082_sociallinks.thumb.jpg.dfbff8d6ffc83ddcc1c51692bfe1da25.jpg

They're there for marketing purposes.  Not the original intent of Treasure talks.

Yea I'll have to pass, not pretty enough to be able to give advice... oh well.... typical, the next model will be called the "Minelab Big Booty Getter" and it'll have a Cardassian demo'ing it. The beginning of the end of serious product from MLB..

@Gerry in Idaho what's the update on shipping date on the Axiom's my friend?

Edited by Jennifer
Corrected typo on "Cardassian".

23 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I linked to it. Here it is again. Many of their links are dead though, so they don't seem to keep up with their Detexperts at all to see what they are doing, if anything. Really, it's just a link exchange program, dressed up with photos and tshirts.

Well I checked out the page.... as expected, they're focusing on a certain group (whom we all love and value as "equal and just as excited about what we do", brother and sisters. Below isn't about anyones value, it's about an observation of a business model, that's it).

• 40 Coin & Treasure Spurts (as @phrunt calls them)
  • 4 Gold Spurts (as @phrunt calls them)

Minelab........ you're jumping on your own sword with stuff like this.

Thanks for the link Steve... 

2 hours ago, Jennifer said:

Oh Detectexperts, not spurts....  @phrunt ya goof... LOL, thanks @Steve Herschbach

No, Detexpert. Cute, huh?

minelab-detexpert-logo.jpg

2 hours ago, Jennifer said:

Thanks for the detailed response Jason......

When I was at the dealers conference, I believe it was 2016 or 2017, the one where they secret squirrel released the Gold Monster (and Doc won a free one) there was an engineer there who asked me the same thing, it wasn't Candy but another one, real funny guy, total geek and he knew it... he asked if I wanted to write articles, I said I'd give it some thought but didn't really feel I was in the same league or had anything of value to add, but it was flattering to hear the invite. It's a shame it's slowed down, it REALLY was a great place for serious tech stuff like what JP sent me about X on the Zed...  

Sigh, that's ok I guess.... @Steve Herschbach's basically turned this site into a HUGE "Treasure Talk" with equally high intelligence information so I guess you're all stuck with me... LOL

That was Bill Stirling. Treasure Talk died when Minelab let him go, and replaced him with the Chicago marketing types. Bill was an engineer Minelab geek, and "got it". The new crowd may as well be selling soda or tennis shoes, it's all the same big box marketing routine.

Like I said, Detexperts is quite literally nothing but a link exchange program. Send them your links, they send you a tshirt, and link to your sites, and you are supposed to do something about Minelab now and then. Looks like many just took the tshirt and ran! :laugh:

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That was Bill Stirling,

NAILED IT!!! Yes, that was him, I did get the impression from our chat that it was kind of his baby. Thanks Steve.

PS: That logo says it all... that's no gold machine.