Completed Steve G S-shaft I Finished Assembling.

Great job! I can't tell if you add a ground balance to the Cibola.

It looks really nice.

That Cibola had a gb mod but it was unstable and knock sensitive. Original trim pot was removed so I found a small 50k and was able to solder one back in, removed the mod and restored machine back to the way it was. For the most part the Cibola is a beep and dig, not much for nuances on it but with the small coil is a blast to use in trashy parks and shallow targets. Perfect for around here with limited digging due to the dry conditions like my toasty lawn 😞

• Like 2

I have an S shaft laying around for something. Bought it for the Nox but for me it did not work as I had hoped...I considered  using it for something as you have done but the S in the shaft is not really designed to be a handle and seemed like it would twist while swinging it...maybe put some of that grip wrap on it or something? 

Strick

• Like 1

7 hours ago, strick said:

I have an S shaft laying around for something. Bought it for the Nox but for me it did not work as I had hoped...I considered  using it for something as you have done but the S in the shaft is not really designed to be a handle and seemed like it would twist while swinging it...maybe put some of that grip wrap on it or something? 

Strick

It doesn't twist, it is actually oblong not perfectly round and not slippery as you would think. I had similar concerns at first until I had it in hand.

• Like 1